The Student Room Group

gcse options for accounting

i wanna do an accounting for a job and i dont know what GCSES to pick to help me. i picked geography and im doing combined science, higher or further maths and english. i have the options of art, ASDAN life skills, business, health and social care, law, travel and tourism and food tech honestly the options are bad since i have no interest in any of them so idk what to do? any accountant or studying accountancy can help me?
Your school doesn’t have economics?
Reply 2
Original post by Mulunji Nyasulu
Your school doesn’t have economics?

no sadly idk why
Law GCSE? I swear they scrapped that. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just pick the one you think you'll enjoy and succeed the most in.
It would have helped since you want to be an accountant
Reply 5

aw man :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by symptom
Law GCSE? I swear they scrapped that. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just pick the one you think you'll enjoy and succeed the most in.

thats the problem im bad at all of it i have no intentions of doing them and the ones i like people say is useless so idk
But hey, you got this :smile:
It doesn't matter. No one cares about your GCSEs, other than that you get a good grade in English (language) and maths. Focus on A-Levels instead.

It really wouldn't have done.
[QUOTE="econhelp525;96944807"]It really wouldn't have done.[/
Original post by econhelp525
It doesn't matter. No one cares about your GCSEs, other than that you get a good grade in English (language) and maths. Focus on A-Levels instead.

I’m doing CIE IGCSE, what if I don’t want to do my A-levels?
It really wouldn't have done.[/

I’m doing CIE IGCSE, what if I don’t want to do my A-levels?

Sucks to be you, I guess. I don't know any scheme in which you can become an accountant that doesn't require at least having A-Levels.
(edited 2 years ago)
As above, unis won't be looking at your GCSE subjects, only your overall grades, (and then only for some unis).

For AL, you'll usually only need Maths for ACCYFIN. So just pick whatever subjects at GCSE are good prep for what you think you'll do best in at AL.
Sucks to be you, I guess. I don't know any scheme in which you can become an accountant that doesn't require at least having A-Levels.

I’m not the person who was asking about the accounting thing! I’m just someone else here looking for advise.
So, do I really need A-levels even if I get straight 9’s in my IGCSE’s (and I take all the subjects that I need for my career choice now)
I’m not the person who was asking about the accounting thing! I’m just someone else here looking for advise.
So, do I really need A-levels even if I get straight 9’s in my IGCSE’s (and I take all the subjects that I need for my career choice now)

You could do an apprenticeship, but I really think it's a bad idea to leave school with just GCSEs. I've seen jobs for senior positions that don't require a degree if you have experience, but still want you to have A-Level qualifications.

Depends on what you want to do, tbh. If you want to become a bricklayer, plumber, electrician, then I don't know, don't do A-Levels I guess. I'm not the most helpful in this regard, I never considered anything apart from university, so never researched anything other than it.

You'll need Level 3 qualification, (such as A-Levels, IB etc.), to be considered for entry to an undergraduate course, yes.

What career are you looking at?
Original post by Admit-One
You'll need Level 3 qualification, (such as A-Levels, IB etc.), to be considered for entry to an undergraduate course, yes.

What career are you looking at?

Architecture
Architecture

You need a degree. I mean, you could have easily just googled it instead of just unilaterally saying "oh im done after GCSEs". Like put some effort in yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest