Scottish government job interviews

Watch this thread
trixytwix27
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I just applied for a scottish government job online, policy support officer, does anyone have any experience regarding interviews for scottish government and how long it takes for you to get invited to an interview? is it definitely competency based with no strength questions that could throw you offguard? thanks
XanderG7
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by trixytwix27)
Hi, I just applied for a scottish government job online, policy support officer, does anyone have any experience regarding interviews for scottish government and how long it takes for you to get invited to an interview? is it definitely competency based with no strength questions that could throw you offguard? thanks
Hi, it usually consists of a test undertaken by Capita and then an interview, which is competency based and linked to the SG Skills for Success competency framework. The Capita assessment is usually you'll be provided written information and then you need to analyse, make recommendations and present your findings. Some interviews you require to prepare a presentation, but not always. What grade you applying for, sounds like a B1 role?
Jen9Jo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Good luck for your Policy role application! It depends on the department. I got my Comms invitation through in 8 days but think that’s quite a quick turnaround. I’m also looking for any insights / advice on the Scottish Government / Capita written assessment for a B grade role… this wasn’t mentioned in my interview invitation so wasn’t even aware that there was one until I suddenly got asked to book a slot out of the blue! No supporting info supplied. Do you know if there are any practice examples? Also, for a 5-10 min presentation - is it best to stick with the STARR framework, and are you expected to use a few PPT slides? Sorry to hijack your thread, but hopefully any answers will be helpful
trixytwix27
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thanks so much guys thats very helpful!! and yes i've been applying to B1 roles so far... just wanting to get my foot in the door but not sure what to expect coz it is quite different to how the Civil Service does their interviews..im in Civil Service so far but wanting to go Scot government..
Last edited by trixytwix27; 1 month ago
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by trixytwix27)
it is quite different to how the Civil Service does their interviews..im in Civil Service so far but wanting to go Scot government..
You realise its still in the civil service right?

If you're already in the civil service you already have your foot in the door.
Jac2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, did you get any replies on this? As I got an interview for comms then asked to attend this assessment as well. Not sure how to prepare for it.
Jac2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jen9Jo)
Good luck for your Policy role application! It depends on the department. I got my Comms invitation through in 8 days but think that’s quite a quick turnaround. I’m also looking for any insights / advice on the Scottish Government / Capita written assessment for a B grade role… this wasn’t mentioned in my interview invitation so wasn’t even aware that there was one until I suddenly got asked to book a slot out of the blue! No supporting info supplied. Do you know if there are any practice examples? Also, for a 5-10 min presentation - is it best to stick with the STARR framework, and are you expected to use a few PPT slides? Sorry to hijack your thread, but hopefully any answers will be helpful
Hey, did you ever get an answer for this, I've been invited for an interview and assessment, but not sure what the assessment is going to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads