The Student Room Group

7 Weeks Until A-Level Exams, Advice Required

I will be completely honest, I haven't begun my revision for my A-Level exams. I do Business, History and English Literature. I need AAB for my University Placement. In my mock exam, I got an "A" for Business, "B" for History and "C" for English Literature.

I believe I will achieve an "A" for Business and I am not worried about it.

History I need some advice on how to jump from a "B" to an "A." My coursework is pretty strong and I am good with content. It is just with the essay writing where I need to improve.

English Literature has me worried. My coursework is pretty mediocre. I will get my results after Easter Holidays and I am praying for 10-15 Marks out of 25 Marks. I understand all the books and have great notes about them but poetry is another weak area of mine. Also, essay writing I need to make a major improvement on and I really need a "B" in English. Any Advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anom-007
I will be completely honest, I haven't begun my revision for my A-Level exams. I do Business, History and English Literature. I need AAB for my University Placement. In my mock exam, I got an "A" for Business, "B" for History and "C" for English Literature.

I believe I will achieve an "A" for Business and I am not worried about it.

History I need some advice on how to jump from a "B" to an "A." My coursework is pretty strong and I am good with content. It is just with the essay writing where I need to improve.

English Literature has me worried. My coursework is pretty mediocre. I will get my results after Easter Holidays and I am praying for 10-15 Marks out of 25 Marks. I understand all the books and have great notes about them but poetry is another weak area of mine. Also, essay writing I need to make a major improvement on and I really need a "B" in English. Any Advice?

PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! At this stage all we can do is practice and try our best to remember content. if u have good teachers, do exam papers and ask them to mark it for you? good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest