This discussion is closed.
mcink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi
My sis wants to do soemthing with her life and she would like to do teacher training. She will be 24 this year and she has no degree, no A levels, and out of the three she only has english at C+ at GCSE. She does have a BTEC certificate and 3 key skills. Can she do teacher training with no Degree and no GCSE's. Any help would be appreciated.
Kyle
d750
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mcink)
Hi
My sis wants to do soemthing with her life and she would like to do teacher training. She will be 24 this year and she has no degree, no A levels, and out of the three she only has english at C+ at GCSE. She does have a BTEC certificate and 3 key skills. Can she do teacher training with no Degree and no GCSE's. Any help would be appreciated.
Kyle
She needs a C in Maths and a science as well as English, but presumably she could study for that if she really wants to. Teaching is now an all-graduate profession, so she'd need a degree as well, but it's possible to get a BEd (Bachelor of Education) degree and do some teaching at the same time. It'll take commitment and 3 to 4 years, 'though.

This website should help.
http://www.teach.gov.uk
mcink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's a good BEd in primary ed at Notts Trent and it accepts a fair few more mature students (i am not sure if 24 classes you officially as a mature student?). In 4 years you get fully qualified including ITC (initial teaching training) with plenty of work experience throughout.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
21 and over is classified as a mature student. I think she will be ok.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.25%
No I haven't decided yet (62)
23.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed