Degree apprenticeship offers

Watch this thread
h0647
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
#1
Hi guys!

I’ve thankfully received a couple of degree apprenticeship offers, so I’m in a very comfortable position of being able to choose which one I want to accept. Currently I am deciding between, Role A which needs a level grades of AAB and Role B needs BBC.

I’m fairly confident that I can get an AAB, but it’s still a bit uncertain. Both roles are putting on some pressure to accept their offers( not signing a contract just yet but just accepting the offer). I want to accept both so that I have a backup in case my a level results are poor. But I also understand that this is unfair to the companies and other candidates.

Can I accept both the offers at any stage and reject it if I need to? Or just pick one? Also at what stage should I absolutely reject the offer by? I’m not sure what to do and I would appreciate other opinions to help me decide.

Thanks
Last edited by h0647; 4 months ago
0
reply
Help_me_pleaseex
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 4 months ago
#2
oooo what companyyyy
1
reply
O_O.
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report 4 months ago
#3
congrats on your offers!

i was in a similar situation to you and the first thing i did was read the contracts in detail. get as much info from it as you can.

if your contracts were like mine then theyll have no mention of rejecting the offer before the start date. at this point you should email your contact at the company asking how you would go about this. you might be worried that they might cut you off if they think youre getting ready to dip but if theyre a decent company theyll let you know with no hassle how you can leave before the start date. some companies may say the contract confirms your entry to the company on the date while others will say that you can reject before then. figure out which method your options use asap

if it turns both have reject options youre comfortable with, sign both and wait till you get your results
Last edited by O_O.; 4 months ago
1
reply
h0647
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#4
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
#4
Thanks so much for your answer, I haven’t gotten a detailed contract yet. Both companies are leaving the contract till a later stage, so far I’ve only been given a detailed job description. This is with the idea that both of the companies first want a confirmation whether I’m accepting their offer or not.

Also you are right, I am nervous to ask the companies directly about rejecting the offers in case it affects my chances. I’m thinking of just going ahead and accepting both the offers currently as they are not contracts at this stage. Even if I had a contract there is a notice period in it and I could give notice for one and ask for more time to join from another.

I’m sincere about joining the company but it’s a thought of being bound is a bit unsettling.

Thanks again for your help
0
reply
NicholasG04
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#5
Report 4 months ago
#5
When asked to accept before receiving a contract I've always said "I am most certainly interested in the role, but can only formally accept it upon satisfactory review of the contract" or something to similar effect. They will then inevitably reply that you aren't bound until you sign the contract (obviously). Even then, I've discussed with the majority of my offers the outcome if I was forced to renege, and have confirmed that none of those I spoke to would sue me for breach of contract (the only real risk). Obviously they'd be disappointed, but if the offer is conditional they'll have reserve candidates anyway right up until results day and they're never going to be horrible and try to bind you to it. I wouldn't worry too much.
1
reply
h0647
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#6
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
#6
Hi thanks again. I would say I’m still really new to this, so it really helps to hear your thoughts. Looking at it now, I completely agree with your approach. I’m going to try to do this and I’m sure it’ll all be fine.

Thanks again
1
reply
NicholasG04
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#7
Report 4 months ago
#7
(Original post by h0647)
Hi thanks again. I would say I’m still really new to this, so it really helps to hear your thoughts. Looking at it now, I completely agree with your approach. I’m going to try to do this and I’m sure it’ll all be fine.

Thanks again
No worries. I think it's important to remember that it's in nobody's interest to actually pursue you for breach of contract. Obviously giving companies as much notice as is reasonably possible and being as open as possible tends to be the best approach, but one must also consider that it's your future on the line and you have to take enough time to consider what's best for you, since that's all that really matters. All the best with your offers (not in tech by any chance?).
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
17.09%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (30)
25.64%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (63)
53.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.42%

Watched Threads

View All