The Student Room Group

I failed my English Literature Coursework

I failed my A-Level English Literature Coursework, I am beyond distraught and feel so ****. I absolutely need a "B." The Coursework is worth 20% of the overall grade. What do i need to do in order to attain a "B?"
what texts are you doing? exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by spacingoutagainx
what texts are you doing? exam board?

AQA:

Gatsby
Othello
Streetcar
Cuckoos Nest

Love Through The Ages Poems
Owen Sheers Poetry
Better work ethic/environment, that can be controlled to some degree by yourself. Better sleep schedule. And some classmates or friends that study the same course/module, and do some personal revision. It’s mostly up to your efforts and attitudes. Don’t give up and keep it moving.
Also coursework is very easy, as long as you keep your research consistent and references within your course work document. Search for articles that are relevant or somewhat within close relevance.
Reply 5
Original post by jaecheondaeseong
Also coursework is very easy, as long as you keep your research consistent and references within your course work document. Search for articles that are relevant or somewhat within close relevance.

It's too late, I have failed the coursework and I don't think they will let me alter it. I have to give my everything on the exam which is worth 80% of the grade
Reply 6
Original post by jaecheondaeseong
Better work ethic/environment, that can be controlled to some degree by yourself. Better sleep schedule. And some classmates or friends that study the same course/module, and do some personal revision. It’s mostly up to your efforts and attitudes. Don’t give up and keep it moving.

I won't give up until the very end. If I have 80% of the grade left to play, what percentage would I roughly need for a "B"
Original post by Anom-007
It's too late, I have failed the coursework and I don't think they will let me alter it. I have to give my everything on the exam which is worth 80% of the grade

coursework isn’t officially due until may 15th which is when it has to be submitted by. during this half term break, you could write up new versions which are very different to + better than your originals and present them to your teacher. if they then have an issue, go to your head if sixth form and have them deal with it
Reply 8
coursework isn’t officially due until may 15th which is when it has to be submitted by. during this half term break, you could write up new versions which are very different to + better than your originals and present them to your teacher. if they then have an issue, go to your head if sixth form and have them deal with it

Really? We had to submit it late October, I can absolutely write up a new response, I will email my teacher tonight and inform them
Original post by Anom-007
Really? We had to submit it late October, I can absolutely write up a new response, I will email my teacher tonight and inform them

yeah, i do aqa as well and when you go on like the exam dates then it has a line for when coursework has to be submitted by

what critical theories are you doing from the critical anthology?
Reply 10

It's not that simple. The deadline when the NEA had to be completed will have been made clear months ago. Whilst the marks have to reach the exam board by 15 May, centres are required to build in time after the NEA submission date for the work to be marked, internally moderated and then for candidates to be given a chance to appeal the mark and for that appeal to be heard before the marks are submitted to AQA. This is why the deadline has already passed.

Quick Reply

Latest