The Student Room Group

Who is buying all the best houses?

Like we really need a decent one, we've been living on rent for many years which have been the worst experience - we've always had rubbish landlords and the houses were all in bad condition. Either we don't get to view the house because when we call to book the house is already sold and all the houses we've viewed so far are rubbish, look like the rented houses we've lived in and are far too expensive and have so many viewings like we always see people go I'm before us and more be waiting after us to go in. It's ridiculous. Like why is everyone buying the best houses? It's like they don't have a house of their own but they most likely do and are just buying another for the sake of it so all the houses are taken and the people who really need one like us can't get one 😭
Original post by Anonymous
Like we really need a decent one, we've been living on rent for many years which have been the worst experience - we've always had rubbish landlords and the houses were all in bad condition. Either we don't get to view the house because when we call to book the house is already sold and all the houses we've viewed so far are rubbish, look like the rented houses we've lived in and are far too expensive and have so many viewings like we always see people go I'm before us and more be waiting after us to go in. It's ridiculous. Like why is everyone buying the best houses? It's like they don't have a house of their own but they most likely do and are just buying another for the sake of it so all the houses are taken and the people who really need one like us can't get one 😭

you either need to move to a different part of the country where the houses are cheaper or stay where you are and increase your income.
That is so sad. The demand for house is crazy. Houses get snapped up instantly and only the rubbish ones are left. Estate agents are making a mint from it.
I understand some of how you are feeling. :smile:
I'm hoping to buy a property within the next 13 months.

The only answer is to maximise the potential areas/types of property that you are open to consider purchasing, try to increase your amount of savings towards a property deposit and don't give up.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest