The Student Room Group

How can securitisation be used on the crude oil market

How can securitisation be used on crude oil , in regards to the supply and demand of it during the Russia-ukraine war.

Thank you
Reply 1
I presume this is an essay you want us to do for you? In any event, more details on what you want would be ideal e.g. is this degree/alevel, length, the point of it etc. as well as, what exactly do you mean by securitisation as it can be a relatively broad concept
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
I presume this is an essay you want us to do for you? In any event, more details on what you want would be ideal e.g. is this degree/alevel, length, the point of it etc. as well as, what exactly do you mean by securitisation as it can be a relatively broad concept

thanks for replying.

its a degree essay.

I'm working on an essay about real-world applications of security in today's economy. I was curious as to how shares in the oil industry are securitized.
What subject is this for? So that I can move the thread to a more relevant forum.
Reply 4
Original post by manoharr
thanks for replying.

its a degree essay.

I'm working on an essay about real-world applications of security in today's economy. I was curious as to how shares in the oil industry are securitized.

Since ive only just gotten up ill write a more detailed reply later but if its what im thinking of then some of the key points are:
security of supply - an example being diversity of sources for imported products and maintaining strategic reserves (like the USA's)
Other than that there is of course the oil weapon that can be wielded by the OPEC cartel, aswell as, to a degree, America and Russia due to their large output
I might be misreading you though so if its something else do say and ill amend me comments
Reply 5
Thank you very much!

my degree essay should discuss one topic of how securitisation is used in today's market?
I assumed crude oil was a good topic to talk about but was unsure how to talk about securitisation in there?
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad
What subject is this for? So that I can move the thread to a more relevant forum.

Subject is Risk Management

Thank you
Can't find a Risk management sub forum so moved to business and management.
Did you find help?

Quick Reply

Latest