The Student Room Group

Muslim men: if you got more than one wife, why would it be?

Answer honestly. Would it be just so you can have more sex + boobs/ass? Tbh anytime I think of a man marrying more than one wife, in this day and age, I just think it’s for sexual reasons
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Answer honestly. Would it be just so you can have more sex + boobs/ass? Tbh anytime I think of a man marrying more than one wife, in this day and age, I just think it’s for sexual reasons

Btw this question is theoretical - IF you got one, why would it be
I'm not male or a follower of islam but I've asked a similar question to polygamous guys.
The answers were mostly focused on: maintaining polygamous family traditions, no enthusiasm for monogomy but harshly opposed to sexual activity outside of marriage, desire to have a very large number of biological descendants, viewing marriage with coreligionists solely as a convenient traditional contract to provide them with access to a sex life/biological children/unwaged full time housekeeper- a contract that can be ended by them via the divorce route for any reason they choose.
You gotta be down bad to marry another wife for sexual reasons….

I dont think anyone would want to get married again for sexual reasons. That’s hella expensive lool ygm. plus you gotta deal with the in-laws and its just too much honestly. Imagine having more then one mother inlaw. Yeh Goodluck.
It works if you have the time, money, and that you would have nothing better to do in life.

More sex indeed.

I ain’t no Henry the 4th or Henry the 8th. Loyalty and commitment to only one and one only. I’ve never heard anything more ridiculous than having more than one wife for sexual purposes, or body features/characteristics. Especially how this thread got created during the month of ramadan.If they marry more than one woman it’s probably the purpose of a failed marriage in their first relationship.
Reply 6
Anyone who wants to talk about polygamous marriages should watch this documentary first to enlighten yourselves. Listen carefully to what the imam says about it being increasingly driven by older divorced women and single mothers, not the men. Also listen to the lady who says she gave up a PhD in Engineering to become a co-wife. Marriage, children and caring for a family take increasing importance for women as they get older. So I have a lot of respect for this man Hassan who's taken on 3 wives including his most recent who is a divorcee with a child. Couldn't do it myself because my views on marriage are very different, and I'm skeptical about how these men support multiple wives on minimum wage/part-time work, or living in separate countries. But if it works for all the parties involved (especially when it's so beneficial for the women), then any man who's considering taking on multiple wives should go for it.

(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending