The Student Room Group

Opinions

Hey guys,

Can you share some of your impressions of the following unis?

-QMUL
-University of Westminster
-University of Law (business school)
-University of Greenwich
Original post by danesy.g
Hey guys,

Can you share some of your impressions of the following unis?

-QMUL
-University of Westminster
-University of Law (business school)
-University of Greenwich

Hi 👋
I can only speak about my impression on University of Greenwich since I have applied for this September. First, I made a lost of all my universities and wrote down all the things I wanted the uni to have and I noticed Greenwich ticked a lot of my boxes. The location not only seems very pretty buy it has a lot of shops and places I deem essentail close by like, sainsbury, Aldi, greenwich market, a vintage market, lots of food places, cafés, post office, pharmacy, dentist, library etc. So besides the lovely buildings, my course had a 92% student satisfaction rate and it "ranks first In London for satisfaction with teaching - Guardian Guide 2020." The course also has 2 placements and some sort of 30 days skill training for future employability. I heard the university also offers a very good mentoring scheme where you can learn from someone who is already in the industry you want to be in.
If you want to find out more about the uni I would suggest watching Amber G. Taylor's vidoes on YouTube about the university, her videos helped me a lot in deciding where to go. So overall, I have a good impression of the uni and I'm happy with my choice.

Oh also! There is this website called 'university guru', type it up in Google, followed by whatever uni you want to know about and it will give you a lot of info about the university, World rankings, subject rankings and a whole score about uni life, library, resources, food, campus etc. It's a very good site, highly suggest you check it out.
Hope this helped 😁
Reply 2
Original post by X2022
Hi 👋
I can only speak about my impression on University of Greenwich since I have applied for this September. First, I made a lost of all my universities and wrote down all the things I wanted the uni to have and I noticed Greenwich ticked a lot of my boxes. The location not only seems very pretty buy it has a lot of shops and places I deem essentail close by like, sainsbury, Aldi, greenwich market, a vintage market, lots of food places, cafés, post office, pharmacy, dentist, library etc. So besides the lovely buildings, my course had a 92% student satisfaction rate and it "ranks first In London for satisfaction with teaching - Guardian Guide 2020." The course also has 2 placements and some sort of 30 days skill training for future employability. I heard the university also offers a very good mentoring scheme where you can learn from someone who is already in the industry you want to be in.
If you want to find out more about the uni I would suggest watching Amber G. Taylor's vidoes on YouTube about the university, her videos helped me a lot in deciding where to go. So overall, I have a good impression of the uni and I'm happy with my choice.

Oh also! There is this website called 'university guru', type it up in Google, followed by whatever uni you want to know about and it will give you a lot of info about the university, World rankings, subject rankings and a whole score about uni life, library, resources, food, campus etc. It's a very good site, highly suggest you check it out.
Hope this helped 😁

Original post by X2022
Hi 👋

Hope this helped 😁

Hey,
Thank you so much, this is really helpful. :smile:
It isnt the Uni you should be looking at - its the course.

General advice about choosing F&I here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Original post by danesy.g
Hey,
Thank you so much, this is really helpful. :smile:

No problem, you're welcome 😊

Quick Reply

Latest