The Student Room Group
Brown_Bateman
Copycat!
Brown_Bateman
wtf!! LOL

I just joined this site a few days ago :s-smilie: are there anymore Batemans around? lol :laughing:

:yep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=164733
Reply 3
Business Analysts are in technology and not Ops, I know because that's my job. The salaries are too low, well for BBs anyway.
Reply 4
At a guess I'd say, ~£50k, depending on department (within Ops), experience, climate etc
Reply 5
80k for Ops, you must be mad. Most probably around 45k at most, I would say.
Reply 6
fblade
80k for Ops, you must be mad. Most probably around 45k at most, I would say.

Lol. I definitely would say more than £45k, so I guess I'm losing my marbles!

Don't grads start on ~40k and I would certainly expect salary progression to be a tad bit better than ~5k between fresh out of uni kids & associates!
Jump
Lol. I definitely would say more than £45k, so I guess I'm losing my marbles!

Don't grads start on ~40k and I would certainly expect salary progression to be a tad bit better than ~5k between fresh out of uni kids & AD's!

1) Associate =/= AD
2) Only a few top (and bottom) banks are offering 40k for FO
3) No-one is offering 40k for BO
4) The difference in pay in BO between fresh out of uni kids and assocs is variable, but more or less to a tune of 30k. Less than FO.
Reply 8
uthinkilltellu
1) Associate =/= AD
2) Only a few top (and bottom) banks are offering 40k for FO
3) No-one is offering 40k for BO
4) The difference in pay in BO between fresh out of uni kids and assocs is variable, but more or less to a tune of 30k. Less than FO.

1) my mistake.
2) really?
3) not base, but total comp. they are - i have friends with offers.
4) coupled with 2) this implies BO earn around 10k p.a., no?
Jump
1) my mistake.
2) really?
3) not base, but total comp. they are - i have friends with offers.
4) coupled with 2) this implies BO earn around 10k p.a., no?

2) Yeah - as base, sorry. GS, RBS and BC, afaik - but could be mistaken though. With a sign on and other benefits, I'm sure that top 10 - 20 banks are offering ~40k.
4) I meant ~30k base to be the difference between 1st year analyst and 1st year associate pay in BO. So if an analyst is starting on 33k (banks pay lower in BO) then in 3 year's time, when he hits associate, he could be earning ~65k.
Reply 10
I guess its a matter of choice in the end.

I know a lot of people who come from Uni's 10-20, have very little chance at FO, apply BO and even some of these have struggled to secure a grad/entry level position in Ops at an IB.

I dont think Ops is as bad as people make out. For people who are young I wouldnt think starting off in Ops (if they had limited alternatives) would be such a bad thing.
Reply 11
uthinkilltellu
2) Yeah - as base, sorry. GS, RBS and BC, afaik - but could be mistaken though. With a sign on and other benefits, I'm sure that top 10 - 20 banks are offering ~40k.
4) I meant ~30k base to be the difference between 1st year analyst and 1st year associate pay in BO. So if an analyst is starting on 33k (banks pay lower in BO) then in 3 year's time, when he hits associate, he could be earning ~65k.

I was just speaking to a mate working in Ops and he reckons Associate ops guys get between 40-50k, AVP 50-65, and VP 70k+... Does this sound right or are those figures way off the mark?
senrab
I was just speaking to a mate working in Ops and he reckons Associate ops guys get between 40-50k, AVP 50-65, and VP 70k+... Does this sound right or are those figures way off the mark?
Depends on the bank, location, and what area of the Ops. But yeah, I guess so.
senrab

Yeah I think that sounds about right, perhaps about 5k more on each level, but it's somewhere around those levels.

When you think it's about 8.30 - 6 / 7 on a normal day it's not that bad

Latest

Trending

Trending