The Student Room Group

Inspector Calls

How do I know which quotes to choose to learn? And how many quotes should I learn?
(edited 2 years ago)
tell me more
sorry I’m confused
Is your exam open book or closed book? I know it's open book for the IGCSE for Inspector Calls, but I'm unsure about GCSE.

If it's open book you don't really need to learn any quotes word for word, although being familiar with the book will enable you to have a rough idea of whereabouts to find quotes quickly to back up your essay.
Original post by tinyperson
tell me more

How many quotes should I learn for An Inspector Calls? And how do I decide which quotes I should pick?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Is your exam open book or closed book? I know it's open book for the IGCSE for Inspector Calls, but I'm unsure about GCSE.

If it's open book you don't really need to learn any quotes word for word, although being familiar with the book will enable you to have a rough idea of whereabouts to find quotes quickly to back up your essay.

I'm taking GCSE so it's closed book
Original post by xx.arianagrande
I'm taking GCSE so it's closed book

ah okay, so my daughter is doing IGCSE but I suppose aside from the open/closed book situation there must be some overlap. Look at the main themes of the play (power, class divide, Mr. Birling being a hard headed business man etc.) and learn a few short quotes to support the main themes, as you don't know which theme your exam will focus on.

Don't try to learn too many, or anything too long.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
ah okay, so my daughter is doing IGCSE but I suppose aside from the open/closed book situation there must be some overlap. Look at the main themes of the play (power, class divide, Mr. Birling being a hard headed business man etc.) and learn a few short quotes to support the main themes, as you don't know which theme your exam will focus on.

Don't try to learn too many, or anything too long.

Should I learn the quotes per character or per theme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending