The Student Room Group

I need serious guidance please

Hello,
Long story short - I have passed and completed all practice placement hours and competencies signed off, completed all but 1 assignments - failed the final assignment 3 times due to the lack of support for my dyslexia. Told by the University that my studies have been terminated.

Soul destroying especially that I'm currently a band 4 working on the wards, having to keep explaining to manager why I have not qualified.

Although I have appealed this decision, I would still like to know what my next options are, in terms of ;
do I need to redo a whole year at another university ?
can I carry my practice hrs over ?
has anyone else been in this situation?

Any advice is apricated
Original post by Katie_UOC
Hello,
Long story short - I have passed and completed all practice placement hours and competencies signed off, completed all but 1 assignments - failed the final assignment 3 times due to the lack of support for my dyslexia. Told by the University that my studies have been terminated.

Soul destroying especially that I'm currently a band 4 working on the wards, having to keep explaining to manager why I have not qualified.

Although I have appealed this decision, I would still like to know what my next options are, in terms of ;
do I need to redo a whole year at another university ?
can I carry my practice hrs over ?
has anyone else been in this situation?

Any advice is apricated

@Emily_B

The worse you can do is to repeat the whole year that you failed your assignment on as you'll know you need to pass everything to be allowed to qualified as a nurse.

You are doing the right thing with the appeal side of things as this is the only way you can try.

You'll have to repeat the Hours that you have done this current academic year..!! As I'm taking it you are currently a student nurse at university but working on the wards as HCA on band 4 so if you are doing this then it won't affect your HCA position as if you are doing a nursing degree then you'll be able to apply on qualifying as a band 5 nurse position rather than sticking to band 4 HCA pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending