The Student Room Group

PLEASE CHECK - if you have knowledge on applications to OXFORD UNIVERSITY

Hey guys

I have a friend in y12 who is currently studying maths and bio and chem,

She is on board of getting AAB in AS exams but wants to retake the next year doing three different courses -> spanish, english and history.

Would Oxford Uni consider her application in such circumstances?

She decided she doesn't want to do Biochemistry anymore and instead wants to study History and modern languages.

Hope that is okay and someone gets back to me.

Do let me know thanks you!!!
So rather than applying next year (2023 entry) she will be applying for the year after (2024 entry)
Your friend should make her own account and ask her own questions. "Chinese whispers" style questions and answers filtered through a third party are much less likely to be useful to her.
Yes I get what you mean. It is that she doesn't have social media or use platforms of such. But never mind, I was able to find out for her
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Yes I get what you mean. It is that she doesn't have social media or use platforms of such. But never mind, I was able to find out for her

and what did you find out?
If she's changing subjects completely and does the three new ones in the course of 2 years as normal then it probably won't make any difference, provided she gets the appropriate results in her new subjects, does well on any pre-interview admissions assessments, and submits good quality written work (particularly for the language side).
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Hey guys

I have a friend in y12 who is currently studying maths and bio and chem,

She is on board of getting AAB in AS exams but wants to retake the next year doing three different courses -> spanish, english and history.

Would Oxford Uni consider her application in such circumstances?

She decided she doesn't want to do Biochemistry anymore and instead wants to study History and modern languages.

Hope that is okay and someone gets back to me.

Do let me know thanks you!!!

Heya! Have your friend tried contacting the admissions office at Oxford to find out more information regarding her situation? If not I would really recommend she should as they would be the best people to answer this properly :smile:. It all depends on which course she wants to apply to I'm guessing.
I would also recommend for your friend to check out this Oxbridge UCAS Guide to find out more information about Oxbridge applications in general as typically there are also admissions tests and interview she would have to go through! They are also extremly important for getting an offer at Oxford -> https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/ucas/
Hope this is helpful!
Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind

Quick Reply

Latest