A level Exam amendments enquire

Watch this thread
Key-Knowledge
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have registered as a private student for Alevel maths and physics exam. Now that exams are fast approaching I feel like I wouldn't be able to focus on both and do well in each. I am thinking of focusing on maths alone and if possible postpone my physics exam if that possible.

I am doing OCR Physics A. Does OCR hold exams later in 2022 or even early arround Jan2023?

Does anyone know if the exam office would even do that for me as I don't want refund.

Please advise me on this.
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
As far as I know, OCR only holds exams during the summer.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Key-Knowledge)
I have registered as a private student for Alevel maths and physics exam. Now that exams are fast approaching I feel like I wouldn't be able to focus on both and do well in each. I am thinking of focusing on maths alone and if possible postpone my physics exam if that possible.

I am doing OCR Physics A. Does OCR hold exams later in 2022 or even early arround Jan2023?

Does anyone know if the exam office would even do that for me as I don't want refund.

Please advise me on this.
OCR A levels will only be available in summer 2023. Autumn exams have only been offered due to covid exam cancellations and there are no current plans to do so in 2022.
There's no process to defer/delay your exam entry. You'd have to withdraw from 2022 and enter again for 2023. Not 100% certain for OCR but the last date for withdrawal from exams and for the centre to get a full refund is around 20th April. As this is during Easter break it may not be possible to contact the exams office in your centre. There's no guarantee your centre will refund you all or even any of the fees paid.
Last edited by gdunne42; 2 months ago
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
As others have said, the UK government only allows A level exams to happen once a year, in May/June (ignoring special arrangements for Covid in 2020 and 2021). The deadline for the exam board to refund their fee to the centre is 21 April but the centre may be closed and unable to make a withdrawal before that time so you would have to pay again to enter at a later date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (6)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (9)
42.86%
First aid skills (1)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
19.05%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads