Should I delete instagram?

Watch this thread
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just watched this and it resonated with me: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...lete-instagram

Worth a watch. I had like a 1000 followers a few years ago and I started getting picked on by some nasty people on IG so I just deleted it. I also found that when I was on it I compared myself to other people and always felt pressured to post new content and it was the first thing I checked in the morning and last thing in evening. Constantly checking to see if the likes had gone up etc.

Who else can relate to this or any of what I typed? Social media is toxic. I delete instagram, facebook, linkedin, everything. I'm now no longer on any social media and i'm much much much happier.

Some people will argue that TSR is social media, but to me it's just a forum - much less addictive than ig/fb etc.

I highly rate deleting all social media folks! It's so fake and toxic. It takes over your life and is just not worth the hassle. So delete it all folks!
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I think it depends how you use it. If, to you, Instagram is purely about getting likes and it takes over your life, then I'd say go ahead, delete it. I don't think someone who's thinking "but I only use it to look at the cool pictures that so-and-so posts" should be worried.

Similar with TSR. If it's just a forum, it's harmless. If checking your gems and reps and so on is taking over your life, it isn't.
PagetBrews
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Just watched this and it resonated with me: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...lete-instagram

Worth a watch. I had like a 1000 followers a few years ago and I started getting picked on by some nasty people on IG so I just deleted it. I also found that when I was on it I compared myself to other people and always felt pressured to post new content and it was the first thing I checked in the morning and last thing in evening. Constantly checking to see if the likes had gone up etc.

Who else can relate to this or any of what I typed? Social media is toxic. I delete instagram, facebook, linkedin, everything. I'm now no longer on any social media and i'm much much much happier.

Some people will argue that TSR is social media, but to me it's just a forum - much less addictive than ig/fb etc.

I highly rate deleting all social media folks! It's so fake and toxic. It takes over your life and is just not worth the hassle. So delete it all folks!
yeah I agree with deleting insta. I only go on it from my laptop now to message friends. Cos whenever I went on it on my phone I always closed the app feeling worse
boulderingislife
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by PagetBrews)
yeah I agree with deleting insta. I only go on it from my laptop now to message friends. Cos whenever I went on it on my phone I always closed the app feeling worse
i perm deleted it a few years back. Best decision I ever made! Just get your mate's whatsapp or email. Insta is lame.
sufys
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)

Interesting.

I haven't found any form of social media nearly as addictive as TSR (and I definitely don't intend to delete this), so I don't really see the point in deleting any of my other accounts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.85%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
40.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.85%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.77%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.69%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.54%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed