The Student Room Group

Increase maths gcse grade from 4-6

Hi everyone,
Do you think it’s possible to move my maths higher grade to a 4 to a 6 in around 4 weeks? If so, how can I do this? Any tips? Would it be useful practising foundation papers even if I’m doing higher?
Thank you x
I think practicing higher would be more sensible as it encompasses foundation content :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
No dont practice foundation papers. Practice higher papers and then look at the type of questions you get wrong- if youre doing edexcel , maths genie has recently posted predicted papers for higher maths and he actually goes through them, you could watch that and attempt each question yourself first and then watch him complete it, if you get it wrong and don’t understand how watch corbettmaths videos on the topic and go on drfrostmaths and practice questions on that topic until you understand it until eventually youre able to do higher maths paper by yourself
Reply 3
Original post by TriplexA
I think practicing higher would be more sensible as it encompasses foundation content :smile:

And besides, the advance info for foundation is different to higher’s
Reply 4
no don’t waste your time doing foundation papers if you’re doing higher tier !!!

i went from a low 5 to an 8 in my resit by using the website https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/

it arranges all the different topics by grade, so if you’re currently at a grade 4 i would watch the tutorials and then attempt the topic qs for grade 4 and then work your way up to the grade 6 level questions. Higher tier past papers will be your best friend, DONT waste valuable time doing foundation.

you’ve definitely got this ☘️
Reply 5
Thank you! Does the advance info tell us everything on the exam or does it leave out some topics? For example I’m not sure whether to revise loci and construction as it’s not on the advance info. Thank you so much !!
Original post by ridaash
Hi everyone,
Do you think it’s possible to move my maths higher grade to a 4 to a 6 in around 4 weeks? If so, how can I do this? Any tips? Would it be useful practising foundation papers even if I’m doing higher?
Thank you x

maths genie is so good i literally went from 3-7s using it so I really recommend it try focusing on the grade 6+ questions as that is what will really get you the marks in the exam
Original post by ridaash
Thank you! Does the advance info tell us everything on the exam or does it leave out some topics? For example I’m not sure whether to revise loci and construction as it’s not on the advance info. Thank you so much !!

the advanced info is pretty useless and unpredictable because it’s so vague maybe go through and highlight everything your unsure about but other than that i’d revise as usual
hey! best way to revise maths rn is past paper questions like as many as u can do with the time left, make sure ur doing higher tier and go through questions u get wrong and try to understand why, if u still dont get it ask a teacher or watch a yt vid

Quick Reply

Latest