AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3

Watch this thread
KatieMcF
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello! I was looking through my exam timetable and I saw that I have to sit a geography paper 3 exam! however, I haven't been told about one and I have no idea what's in it!! im worried because im getting grade 8/9 in my other papers and I don't want it to drag me down? Does anyone know what's in the exam and how to revise for it!
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Paper 3 includes fieldwork skills, answering questions based off data you're given etc. I'd ask your teachers about it ask they'll be able to tell you in much more detail!

Have a look at the past papers on the AQA website: here

But be mindful of the changes because of COVID - for paper 3, they've changed quite a bit:

"This means we’ll be making some changes to Paper 3: Geographical applications.

Question 5, Section B (on familiar fieldwork) will be removed.
There are 3 SPaG marks in question 5 which will be moved to one of the 6-mark questions within Section A (issue evaluation) so that students can still access these marks
The total number of marks available for the 8035/3 paper will reduce from 76 to 56 marks (a removal of 20 marks).
The total time allocation for the 8035/3 paper will reduce from 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Questions on ‘unfamiliar fieldwork’ (theoretical understanding of the fieldwork enquiry process) will remain."
KatieMcF
Rep:
(Original post by flaurie)
Paper 3 includes fieldwork skills, answering questions based off data you're given etc. I'd ask your teachers about it ask they'll be able to tell you in much more detail!

Have a look at the past papers on the AQA website: here

But be mindful of the changes because of COVID - for paper 3, they've changed quite a bit:

"This means we’ll be making some changes to Paper 3: Geographical applications.

Question 5, Section B (on familiar fieldwork) will be removed.
There are 3 SPaG marks in question 5 which will be moved to one of the 6-mark questions within Section A (issue evaluation) so that students can still access these marks
The total number of marks available for the 8035/3 paper will reduce from 76 to 56 marks (a removal of 20 marks).
The total time allocation for the 8035/3 paper will reduce from 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Questions on ‘unfamiliar fieldwork’ (theoretical understanding of the fieldwork enquiry process) will remain."
thankyou! do you know what topics are In paper 3?
zingy1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KatieMcF)
It's based off the fieldtrip that you went to. I got a Grade 8 in Paper 3.
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Well it's not 'topics' as such, i think you can be asked to draw ideas from any of the compulsory topics and use your knowledge to answer data based questions. Have a look at some of the past papers i linked, they'll give you a better feel for what's in there!
Ask your teacher too (if nothing else, just to make the rest of your class aware too!)
KatieMcF
Rep:
(Original post by zingy1)
It's based off the fieldtrip that you went to. I got a Grade 8 in Paper 3.
due to covid etc we haven't gone on any and its all been removed from the exam so im not sure what's left??
loralacy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
due to covid etc we haven't gone on any and its all been removed from the exam so im not sure what's left??
Section B for Paper 3 is fieldwork but the data will be given to you since we haven't gone on fieldtrips

for Section A it will about the pre-release booklet on waste incineration which you might have gotten in class, I didn't find the actual booklet but here is a website about it : https://www.internetgeography.net/aq...e-incinerator/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (41)
26.8%
As I expected (49)
32.03%
Harder (56)
36.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.58%

Watched Threads