The Student Room Group

no credit looking for a current account for student finance

I don’t know where to apply for an account because I’m 18 now and I have no credit history so I’m not eligible. I asked Barclays and they basically said they can’t do anything because I should’ve made a teen account or something when I was 17. If anyone could offer places I could apply I’d appreciate it as I’m a little lost and don’t want to apply for student finance late

Also I was thinking about applying for Santander’s basic current account but I’m not sure if I’m eligible for that either :/
(edited 2 years ago)
I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting their first bank account at 18 (if they've not had a history of any...?)

I got an account at 18 (Student Account) with no credit history, no problem- several accounts in fact...
Reply 2
Original post by Callicious
I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting their first bank account at 18 (if they've not had a history of any...?)

I got an account at 18 (Student Account) with no credit history, no problem- several accounts in fact...

That’s a relief oh my god. Could I ask what banks you applied to? Because that’s what Barclays said to me and they just made me worry
I'm with RBS atm (I've got a regular current account and a student account.) Used to have an account with Santander too (though I closed that one once they got rid of a deal they had with interest.)

The way you phrased the thread made me think you had tried every bank and gotten refused :lol:
Original post by JAPAINSSS
That’s a relief oh my god. Could I ask what banks you applied to? Because that’s what Barclays said to me and they just made me worry

Make sure you are talking about a current account with debit card and not a credit card? Kind of surprised a bank wouldn't let you just have a normal current account.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending