The Student Room Group

Still high revving

I've been driving by myself for about 2 weeks now.

I was taught in a 1.6 diesel but I now drive a 1L petrol.

When setting off at times (primarily when the road begins to have a slight gradient) I find myself revving the gas pedal at times.

I know a gentle push should be enough, but there's times where when I'm driving, in the heat of the moment when I do press it somewhat 'gently', it just revs anyways.

It's almost like the margin is just extremely small.

Any tips on how to stop this?
Original post by user432
I've been driving by myself for about 2 weeks now.

I was taught in a 1.6 diesel but I now drive a 1L petrol.

When setting off at times (primarily when the road begins to have a slight gradient) I find myself revving the gas pedal at times.

I know a gentle push should be enough, but there's times where when I'm driving, in the heat of the moment when I do press it somewhat 'gently', it just revs anyways.

It's almost like the margin is just extremely small.

Any tips on how to stop this?

There is no real way except to just keep driving and overtime you will get used to it. The margin is very small. you shouldnt need to rev over 2000 revs on a flat road.
Reply 2
Original post by AvfcWalpole7
There is no real way except to just keep driving and overtime you will get used to it. The margin is very small. you shouldnt need to rev over 2000 revs on a flat road.

anytime the road begins to even get a slight hill, when im at a slant (when you don't need to use handbrake) switching from brake to gas is what gets me.

i guess i'll just get better over time.

Quick Reply

Latest