OCR A Level Mathematics Pure maths and mechanics H240/03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the exam go for you?
Great! (20)
12.66%
Quite well (32)
20.25%
Not so good (59)
37.34%
Terrible! (47)
29.75%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

OCR A Level Mathematics Pure mathematics and mechanics H240/03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
josefgas5
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know if moments are in this paper?
bigjelly
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by josefgas5)
Does anyone know if moments are in this paper?
almost definitely, probably last question
rc2
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
the advance info doesn't have moments on though?
dhgflskdjh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
how's everyone feeling for this one?
bigjelly
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rc2)
the advance info doesn't have moments on though?
moments come under statics: forces, friction, equilibrium

my assumption is its a ladder question
bigjelly
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dhgflskdjh)
how's everyone feeling for this one?
horrible
I'm relearning the entirety of mechanics while also revising for chemistry for tomorrow
dhgflskdjh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bigjelly)
moments come under statics: forces, friction, equilibrium

my assumption is its a ladder question

it's always a ladder question hahahahah :p:S
dhgflskdjh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
horrible
I'm relearning the entirety of mechanics while also revising for chemistry for tomorrow
oh no! good luck, you've got this - after tuesday we're done with everything and free to enjoy the summer!!
bigjelly
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dhgflskdjh)
oh no! good luck, you've got this - after tuesday we're done with everything and free to enjoy the summer!!
nope, I still have chem and bio p3s
so i finish on friday, the last exam day...
Last edited by bigjelly; 2 weeks ago
dhgflskdjh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
you're going to do amazing - keep holding on!!!
DeBeauvoir2
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
It actually isn't haha, I finish on the monday after - further maths option 2.
bigjelly
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DeBeauvoir2)
It actually isn't haha, I finish on the monday after - further maths option 2.
bruh
good luck!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
mechanics :/
Pandagumi
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hopefully there's no mechanics in tomorrow's paper
Rhi579
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pandagumi)
hopefully there's no mechanics in tomorrow's paper
That would be a real bummer lmao
wscvfd
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have any idea what the "Forces, friction" question might be like? It's so vague compared to the others
Rhi579
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wscvfd)
Does anyone have any idea what the "Forces, friction" question might be like? It's so vague compared to the others
I recon its just going to be one of those one where theyre pushing a box and you have to resolve the forces, maybe being pushed at an angle so you have to use trig to get the reaction force
bigjelly
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rhi579)
I recon its just going to be one of those one where theyre pushing a box and you have to resolve the forces, maybe being pushed at an angle so you have to use trig to get the reaction force
It could be a box, it could be a slope and if they're really nasty it might be a pulley/moments
Friction and forces is such a broad subject
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Good luck everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.25%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
43.83%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads