The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Mathematics MEI Pure maths & statistics H640/02 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

"

OCR A Level Mathematics MEI Pure mathematics and statistics H640/02 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 14th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone know what the sum to infinity bullet point means; would it just be the sequences and series? Also for area under curve as sum of rectangle areas, would that be trapezium rule or integration?
Reply 2
is paper 2 normally harder than paper 1? coz i did soo bad in paper 1, I need to do well in paper 2 to try and pull the grade up
(Original post by esha321)Anyone know what the sum to infinity bullet point means; would it just be the sequences and series? Also for area under curve as sum of rectangle areas, would that be trapezium rule or integration?

im hoping its not trapezium rule as my school didnt teach it as the rectangle one is on there.
so i would assume integration
Original post by sarah94312
Hey guys, how accurate was the advanced info for the mechanics paper?

It was literally one question per point. Did you not do the paper?
Reply 5
what do people think the logs and exponentials things will be on coz the modelling questions already came up in paper 2??
Reply 6
Heyy, does anyone know what the 'sum to infinity' bullet point could mean? I'm guessing that it involve sequences, but could it include anything else?
Original post by RAB394
Heyy, does anyone know what the 'sum to infinity' bullet point could mean? I'm guessing that it involve sequences, but could it include anything else?

Feel like itll just be like a geometric sequence and we need to use the sum to infinity formula
Reply 8
How well does everyone know the large data set? And any last minute tips on it?
Reply 9
do we need to know the sampling techniques but its not on the advance info?
How did the exam go?
Reply 11
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

good
I think it went pretty well actually
felt it was better than the first but i still messed up on the lower and upper bound rectangle question because i’m so stupid and the parametic into cartesian question other than that it was calm, 12 marker was nice too
Could have done with an extra 10 minutes, the timing of the paper was so off finished with like two minutes to spare so not enough time to check through but managed to answer every question cos the paper was quite nice
How many tomatoes because I’ve heard so many different answers?
Original post by Phoebe.hood

can’t remember but it was like 80 something
Reply 17
Original post by Phoebe.hood

72 iirc
Reply 19
15mark question at the end was beautiful. Did everyone get 1/2, -2, as their stationary points. And -7/6 for their non stationary point of inflection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending