Leicester Accomodation

Watch this thread
ajsa2828
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi all!

Looking for accommodation near university of Leicester. I am an international student starting this September.

I'm having difficulty choosing as I am not able to be there to see in person. Please let me know what your reccommendations are!

Thank you!
rosexxx
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ajsa2828)
Hi all!

Looking for accommodation near university of Leicester. I am an international student starting this September.

I'm having difficulty choosing as I am not able to be there to see in person. Please let me know what your reccommendations are!

Thank you!
Any luck??
ajsa2828
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by rosexxx)
Any luck??
Unfortunately, no. Still looking around!
rosexxx
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Unfortunately, no. Still looking around!
msg me if you doooo
Angusburgerman
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi I am a 1st year student at University of Leicester.

Theres 2 main "areas", The Village and City accommondation.

The Village is about a 15min bus ride into campus (including traffic) but the rooms are A LOT cheaper and there's a lot more community spaces around. Most 1st years generally come here. The buses come around about every 15 - 30 mins depending on time of day (depends on demand), but IMO buses are very annoying. I am currently staying in Village.

As for City accom, it is a lot more expensive but most the flats are a 5-10 minute WALK to campus which is very convenient. Generally the rooms are more modern.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Angusburgerman; 3 months ago
Angusburgerman
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Any luck??

The Village is about a 15min bus ride into campus (including traffic) but the rooms are A LOT cheaper and there's a lot more community spaces around. Most 1st years generally come here. The buses come around about every 15 - 30 mins depending on time of day (depends on demand), but IMO buses are very annoying. I am currently staying in Village.

As for City accom, it is a lot more expensive but most the flats are a 5-10 minute WALK to campus which is very convenient. Generally the rooms are more modern.

Hope this helps!
keeno25
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Angusburgerman)

Hope this helps!
For a prospective med student, which one would you say is more convenient? Also do more med students tend to stay Village or City?
ghostworld
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Angusburgerman)

Hope this helps!
which one would you recommend ? i heard it's easier to make friends in the village but also the distance from the city to the campus is convenient
ajsa2828
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm looking into off-campus accommodation now. Considering some properties by The Student Hive.
ghostworld
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi all!

Thank you!
msg me if you doooo
hii if you two are still looking for accommodation near leicester, i need a tenant replacement to take over my contract this september. it's a private accommodation 5 minutes away from the university. dm if you're interested and i'll send u the details
Christine Rep
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi ajsa2828
Congrats on getting your offer at Leicester!
I am a first-year student and there are lots of University Accommodations to choose from! There is the Village Accommodation which is just a quick bus drive away from campus, and there are more vintage house options to choose from, as well as, newer ones to check out!
https://le.ac.uk/study/undergraduate...modation/oadby

There is also the City accommodation, which is only a 10-minute walk from campus and these are purpose-built accommodations. There are options for you to choose from the Blocks in Nixon Court, and also Opal court!
https://le.ac.uk/study/undergraduate...on/city-living

Additionally, there is the brand new Freemen's Accommodation which is extremely modern! Included will be student learning spaces, as well as, teaching rooms for you to explore. This accommodation is also really close to campus, so it will be a quick walk.
https://le.ac.uk/about/campus-development/freemens

There are room types for every person, no matter what your budget is, or what you're looking to get out of your accommodation experience
If you use the links I've attached, then you can explore the different room types and find out more about the application process!

Please feel free to ask me any more questions you have about accommodation!

Christine
-Official Student Rep
Last edited by Christine Rep; 1 month ago
Angusburgerman
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by keeno25)
For a prospective med student, which one would you say is more convenient? Also do more med students tend to stay Village or City?
More med students in village. Village is inconvenient because the bus timetable isn't reliable, so if you're bad a waking up like me then expect to be late to lectures a handful of times haha. But it's 1st year just chill and have fun so yeah stay in village. a lot more activities there i believe too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
17.76%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (38)
35.51%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.61%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.87%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.35%
Reading articles about what steps to take (20)
18.69%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (5)
4.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads