The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM Foundation/Accommodation & Loan

Hi! I just got accepted to the csm foundation (3D design and architecture pathway) and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any loans or funding for both the tuition fees and accommodation if you're 19 when starting the course!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I just got accepted to the csm foundation (3D design and architecture pathway) and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any loans or funding for both the tuition fees and accommodation if you're 19 when starting the course!

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting a place on the CSM Foundation.

Information on scholarships and funding opportunities for foundation students can be found here.

Good luck with your preparation for joining UAL in September, please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about living in London or the foundation. I did it myself a few years ago.

All the best,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi there,

Congratulations on getting a place on the CSM Foundation.

Information on scholarships and funding opportunities for foundation students can be found here.

Good luck with your preparation for joining UAL in September, please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about living in London or the foundation. I did it myself a few years ago.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Hi ! I was wondering if CSM are holding offer holder days for art foundation?
Original post by gollygoshbosh
Hi ! I was wondering if CSM are holding offer holder days for art foundation?

Hi @gollygoshbosh,

As a whole UAL does not do offer holder days and unless things have changed the foundation definitely hasn't in the past.

I think some prospectus students have set up Instagram/WhatsApp groups to get to know each other a bit before you start so let me know if you'd like me to signpost you to the thread that has that information in?

All the best,

UAL Student Rep
Reply 4
Hi @gollygoshbosh,

As a whole UAL does not do offer holder days and unless things have changed the foundation definitely hasn't in the past.

I think some prospectus students have set up Instagram/WhatsApp groups to get to know each other a bit before you start so let me know if you'd like me to signpost you to the thread that has that information in?

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Hey! please can you copy the thread over that has info about the groups :smile:
Hey! please can you copy the thread over that has info about the groupsç:smile:

Hi there,

This is an unofficial UAL applicants Whatsapp group chat which I found: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iw8r9bDk4OWCxxLYqPUmlh.

There are also more posts about group chats on the UAL Official Applicant Thread so hopefully you can find some people to connect with there.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you think I may be able to help with.

Kindest,

UAL Student Rep
Hi Tegan! I was wondering if you could help me out.. I applied for a MA course and already sent my portfolio. Still waiting for their response but I’d like to know if there’s something I could start to have ready for applying to the Intl. Postgraduate Scholarship? Like an essay or any type of documentation? If being successful and receiving an offer I’d like to be ready to apply for it to. Thank you so much!
Original post by Andre_1901
Hi Tegan! I was wondering if you could help me out.. I applied for a MA course and already sent my portfolio. Still waiting for their response but I’d like to know if there’s something I could start to have ready for applying to the Intl. Postgraduate Scholarship? Like an essay or any type of documentation? If being successful and receiving an offer I’d like to be ready to apply for it to. Thank you so much!

Hi @Andre_1901,

For both of the Postgraduate International Scholarships you have to provide a personal statement, as part of the application process.

For the £5,000 scholarship it asks you to responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):

Describe your background and your academic experience.
Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
Confirm any other sources of funding you have, or have applied for, to meet the cost of your studies in the UK.

For the £50,000 scholarship it asks you to responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):

Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.

I hope that helps but if you have any further questions you can fill out the form linked here.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep
Hi @gollygoshbosh,

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Okay, thank you!
And yes, could I have the link to the thread for the social media groups?
hi, how long does it take to get an interview request after submitting the portfolio ?
hi, how long does it take to get an interview request after submitting the portfolio ?

Hello,

It really varies! I've had a few interviews and they were about 2 months apart, so I'd recommend just waiting! Mine happened between early Feb and mid April :smile:

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Student Rep Brian :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending