The Student Room Group

eee faculty review a unis?

I have 4 offers to pick from: Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol and Southampton. Before I commit I wanna know how students pursuing Electrical and Electronics Engineering find the faculty and teaching there. I am specially interested to know more about Sheffield cause I really love the city and would like to go to uni there
Original post by chuha_4240
I have 4 offers to pick from: Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol and Southampton. Before I commit I wanna know how students pursuing Electrical and Electronics Engineering find the faculty and teaching there. I am specially interested to know more about Sheffield cause I really love the city and would like to go to uni there

See the National Student Survey Results sections on DiscoverUni:

University of Leeds - BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering (89% student satisfaction, based on 50 responses)
University of Sheffield - BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (73% student satisfaction, based on 15 responses)
University of Bristol - BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (63% student satisfaction, based on 15 responses)
University of Southampton - BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (100% student satisfaction, based on 10 responses)

Note that each student satisfaction figure above is just the "headline" number. There's lots more detail on DiscoverUni itself. For example, even though 100% of survey respondents at Southampton said that "Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the course", only 75% agreed with the statement that "Staff have made the subject interesting". Also, other than Leeds, the number of responses is quite low - which can obviously distort the numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest