georginakeen_
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I chose Psychology A-Level as it was between that and biology and after a discussion with my GCSE biology teacher, I decided to take psychology but its my hardest A-Level. No matter how hard I try or study I can't get above 50%. I've tried everything. tutors, past papers, flash cards, mind maps, youtube videos but it just not sinking in. All my other A-levels are fine but its just psychology I can't grasp.
becca_sneyd
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by georginakeen_)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I chose Psychology A-Level as it was between that and biology and after a discussion with my GCSE biology teacher, I decided to take psychology but its my hardest A-Level. No matter how hard I try or study I can't get above 50%. I've tried everything. tutors, past papers, flash cards, mind maps, youtube videos but it just not sinking in. All my other A-levels are fine but its just psychology I can't grasp.
I'm not sure if you're saying that you don't understand the concepts or you just can't remember them. If it's the latter I've found the best method is a thing called blurting which is active revision where you write down everything you can on a specific topic without looking at notes, then fill in any bits you missed afterwards from your notes. You basically repeat this over and over (I find it normally takes about 4 rounds of this) until it sinks in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (6)
37.5%
As I expected (3)
18.75%
Harder (6)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads