EmilyBlpool
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
We all excited?
RachLC
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Yes, looking forward to starting now!! 😊 I wonder when we will get the formal offer after ID checks and an official start date. It seems a lot of people have said it won't be until about a month before 🤔
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Anyone already in HMRC or you guys external?
EmilyBlpool
Rep:
I know that formal offer will be amazing! Did someone say start date of 14th sept?

I’m external so fresh start for me! I’ve got no idea what to expect really! What about you?
RachLC
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Scouserjohn)
Anyone already in HMRC or you guys external?
I am external. No insight as to what to expect at all😬 except for the information received on the other thread.

Have you worked with people who are already on the TSP?
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EmilyBlpool)
I know that formal offer will be amazing! Did someone say start date of 14th sept?

I’m external so fresh start for me! I’ve got no idea what to expect really! What about you?

Currently in HMRC, been here for just over a year and been a civil servant for 3 and a half, worked in the Home Office previously.
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RachLC)
I am external. No insight as to what to expect at all😬 except for the information received on the other thread.

Have you worked with people who are already on the TSP?
Not directly, but my best mate did it a few years ago and have another mate on it this year.
RachLC
Rep:
Report 2 months ago

Yes, they said 14th but not sure if that was a guideline date.

I'm external too so no idea what to expect either!!
RachLC
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Not directly, but my best mate did it a few years ago and have another mate on it this year.
Have they both said if they enjoy it?
EmilyBlpool
Rep:
I don’t know anyone who’s done the course either! Can’t wait to get more information haha
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Have they both said if they enjoy it?
Yes, my mate who did it years ago really enjoyed it and said the promotion and salary are well worth it. And the guy doing it currently is enjoying it.
EmilyBlpool
Rep:
Yes, my mate who did it years ago really enjoyed it and said the promotion and salary are well worth it. And the guy doing it currently is enjoying it.
That’s good!! I’ve heard nothing but good things at least. Be nice to work back in town again too!

Is parking a nightmare? Is it better to get a train?
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
That’s good!! I’ve heard nothing but good things at least. Be nice to work back in town again too!

Is parking a nightmare? Is it better to get a train?
I get the train or bus in, I live in halewood. Not tried parking in town, the cost is probably prohibitive. Where are you guys travelling from?
RachLC
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Yes, it does seem like everyone on this thread who is on it already or knows someone on it shares the same view.
RachLC
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Will we be based in town in India buildings? I wasn't sure if we would be based in Bootle or town🤔
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Will we be based in town in India buildings? I wasn't sure if we would be based in Bootle or town🤔
India buildings, all the tax people are being moved here in the end. Its a nice office to be fair.
EmilyBlpool
Rep:
I’m old swan/wavertree so will probably just jump the train in
Zrr01
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi all, just jumping on to this thread (thanks Emily) I’ve been in the HMRC since January on the TPP so relatively new. The TSP staff are based on the 3rd floor which is a nice floor to work on and agree with John it’s a lovely building to work in. I’ve been in 3 days a week and working from home the rest of the time. Looking forward to getting going in September and meeting you all
Last edited by Zrr01; 2 months ago
Scouserjohn
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zrr01)
Hi all, just jumping on to this thread (thanks Emily) I’ve been in the HMRC since January on the TPP so relatively new. The TSP staff are based on the 3rd floor which is a nice floor to work on and agree with John it’s a lovely building to work in. I’ve been in 3 days a week and working from home the rest of the time. Looking forward to getting going in September and meeting you all
Which floor are you on at the moment then? I am currently doing CTU training on the 5th floor. (Well not right now, am on the bus home at the minute)
EmilyBlpool
Rep:
Hiya!!!! Ahhhh it’s gonna be great I can’t wait to meet everyone! Is it pretty much 9-5 in the office? I emailed recruitment yesterday too as still had no feedback or confirmation that they’ve received my documents either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
28.77%
As I expected (22)
30.14%
Harder (26)
35.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.48%

Watched Threads