Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, do you have to be over 21 to stay in a New York hotel? i asked a travel agents and they said yes, only that i was planning to go for my 18th . Anywho this thread is for anyone whos planning on going abroad somewhere this summer, I am going to Magaluf in Mallorca to consume unimaginable amounts of alcohol ! (anyone been or going?) Just wondering where everyones going this year????

ReputationRep:
    Going to schweiz, italy and possibly yugoslavia (eerm serbia montenegro)

ReputationRep:
    you don't want to have your 18th in New York- you won't be legal to drink which will be a bummer

ReputationRep:
    cool, got any recommendations on cheap holidays? (just that i want to see the world a bit before i spend my next 3 years being broke.

ReputationRep:
    noooo! i wanted to go the day after! as a really nice bday present from family.... on a crazy shopping spree!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh to get into clubs you have to be 21, and also to drink you have to be 21 (I think). So if you're going to wanting to get drunk, New York might not be the place. But a shopping spree in New York, that would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    yep and new york knicks are playing lakers when i was planning to go.... I'm truly heartbroken:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Barbados 2-3 days after my last exam.

ReputationRep:
    wow! i was thinking about going there but all my friends told me it would be mega expensive!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to New York in March i'm only 18 but alcohol's not really high on my list of priorities so it's fine (although no doubt some of my friends will smuggle some into the hotel... :rolleyes: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danmint)
    cool, got any recommendations on cheap holidays? (just that i want to see the world a bit before i spend my next 3 years being broke.
    I've just booked my holiday for the summer. Going to one of the Greek islands with my boyfriend, best mate and her boyfriend for 2 weeks on the day of our last exam. I can't wait! It wasn't too expensive, Greece is pretty decent prices and you can get drunk and go clubbing at night and see some culture in the day. Spain is probably cheaper and better if you just wana stay by the pool/beach all day.

ReputationRep:
    hehe i'm going to Germany in about three weeks he he he he he he he :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I always kill threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I always kill threads!
    ****. Hopefully going to Spain. Yup, that's right - we've narrowed it down to an entire country. Maybe needs a bit more thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I always kill threads!
    ok then; I'm not going anywhere anymore then again that's because I just arrived (earlier today)
    Ahhh home at last...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Going to schweiz, italy and possibly yugoslavia (eerm serbia montenegro)
    hmmm switzerland...always wanted to go there. ive heard they hoover the lakes. thats quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    hmmm switzerland...always wanted to go there. ive heard they hoover the lakes. thats quality.
    I've got something to look forward to then

ReputationRep:
    I Bi Za

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    I Bi Za
    CHAV ALERT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    I Bi Za
    A friend's been there and she LOVED it...
    said she'd never arrived home quite so tired though (after a week I think...)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.