The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Biology Paper 1 (Higher) 8464/B/1H - [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hapguy162ihu
Hope you guys know what question i am talking about because I really want to know if I got these answers right.

1. The arbituary units one i got 35
2. photosynthesis with the led light bulbs i said to measure at 10,20,30,40,50 cm and reduce limiting factors
3. broken heart valve i wrote about blood clotting
4. anitbiotic i got penicilin but i dont know if it is spelt right. will they take the mark off?
5. differentiation. let me know if anyone else got this and if its right
6. maligment are cancerous and can spread and benign can't and is safe in the body, maligment needs chemothrapy
7. 6co2= c6h12o2- that one i think it was the 3rd
8. cell wall and cloroplast in the bacteria and plant, i think i got that wrong

oh no i forgot about blood clotting 😫
Original post by princesscharli3
There was coronary heart disease it was the last question with the evaluation of mechanical and biological valves. There was also stem cells :P I mean yeah it was disappointing but we can't expect everything to be on there

valves are not related to coronary heart disease.
Original post by tf9387
I drew a tangent too. 2.1/h

i draw a tangent, got 1/40 (change in y/change in c), then multiples by 60 (because it’s per minute, not second).

so got 1.5. they usually only do it over a range of 0.2-0.5, so one of us are wrong 🤷*♂️
Original post by rachaelm1389
i don’t think u had to rewrite the whole* of it cos it was only 4 marks but

Yeah you only had to suggest 2 things and explain why that would help improve accuracy
- from my understanding anyway
Original post by dylanwar.dw
i draw a tangent, got 1/40 (change in y/change in c), then multiples by 60 (because it’s per minute, not second).

so got 1.5. they usually only do it over a range of 0.2-0.5, so one of us are wrong 🤷*♂️

i got 0.8 - i measured at the start of 40sec and at 100sec and the difference was 0.8?
Original post by dylanwar.dw

I got 3.3
I drew a tangent from 40 and got it going up by 5.5 and along by 100
I then divided 100 by 60 to convert the seconds to minutes
To find the rate of reaction you would need to do change in y over change in x so it would be 5.5/1.6666667 which is 3.3
Original post by anisha48382289
ur right!!! thats the main stages, but i think u had to write the chromosomes being copppied??? at earlier stage but i forgot, u prollly got it right!!! dont stress

Did it say the steps of mitosis? Or the steps of the cell cycle? I put 1: Growth and DNA replication and 2: Cell division by mitosis. Didn't know 3
Original post by jnkscypher
oh no i forgot about blood clotting 😫

lol i dont know if it is right. i never wrote anything about backflow and app it is. hopefully blood clotting is 1 mark at least
Original post by bsandham
Did it say the steps of mitosis? Or the steps of the cell cycle? I put 1: Growth and DNA replication and 2: Cell division by mitosis. Didn't know 3

it said steps of the cell cycle which refers to mitosis.
step 3 is when the nucleus divides and so does the cytoplasm and cell membrane which creates two identical daughter cells.Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by hapguy162ihu
lol i dont know if it is right. i never wrote anything about backflow and app it is. hopefully blood clotting is 1 mark at least

oh i wrote about backflow then. Hopefully we both get the marks
Original post by cool aguyasd
what did you guys put for the 3 significant figures one with the graph of skin cancer per 100,000

i got something like 277? or 777? cant remember
Original post by eviemarvel
on the salmonella question i put headaches for some reason, which is technically true but it’s not on the specification so will i not get the mark

i put fever but idk if thats right LMAO
Original post by zeexs19
i put fever but idk if thats right LMAO

yeah fever is correct :smile:
for the white blood cells antibodies multiple choice one was it the largest cells or the other ones bc ik the tiny like fragmented ones were platelets for clotting but I couldn't tell the difference between The others?? there was some larger dark ones and some light smaller ones
for the cell cycle one wld this get the marks bc im not completely sure what I was supposed to say

stage 1 - Dna replication to form 2 copies of each chromosome
stage 2 - chromosomes line up at centre of cell and then are pulled apart to opposite ends of the cell
stage 3 - cytoplasm and cell membrane divide forming 2 genetically identical daughter cells
Original post by tf9387
I drew a tangent too. 2.1/h

omg I got 2.25 praying we were both in the right range as they're p similar
Reply 96
Original post by jamest0394q
what did u guys put for the question where it asked why people under 15 don't get skin cancer

I wrote they don’t go out as often as people older than 15 so they have less sun exposure
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Janette150
Anyone get the growth of boys and girls?? I did not know what to put and it’s worth 6 marks??what did u guys put?

i compared there growth at different ages and added numbers from the graph
Original post by user93_
for the white blood cells antibodies multiple choice one was it the largest cells or the other ones bc ik the tiny like fragmented ones were platelets for clotting but I couldn't tell the difference between The others?? there was some larger dark ones and some light smaller ones

the lighter ones were white blood cells and the dark big ones were red blood cells
The DIVISION of the fertilised egg to a 16 celled embryo IS:

How?

Division of a cell can be expressed through 2^n

doing 2^4 = 16, so the exponential shows the amount of divisions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending