The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Biology Paper 2 (Higher) 8464/B/2H [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Biology Paper 2 (Higher) 8464/B/2H - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 15th June AM
Length: 1h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

I had to teach the whole homeostasis topic to myself since we didn't have a teacher during the whole time we were supposed to be taught that 😬💀
confidence level 5.....
How did the exam go?
I liked it all except the hormones question where I talked about glycogen increases blood glucose levels instead of glucagon lol

A lot of the stuff in the exam we hadn't learnt at my school but I had learnt it externally

It seemed a lot like a geography paper so my GCSE geography knowledge was useful
What is the first answer on what type of process releases water
Reply 6
Original post by Christian Asuqwo

Aerobic

What were the last two water processes?
I put surface runoff and evaporation 😳
Idk why but I put osmosis and evaporation
evaporation
condensation
precipitation
surface run off
transpiration

Aerobic respiration I'm pretty sure
Original post by Sxxhar__
Idk why but I put osmosis and evaporation

Lol i put respiration
Original post by hannah.06
Aerobic respiration I'm pretty sure

that’s what i put
evaporation
condensation
precipitation
surface run off
transpiration

same i got that
I liked it all except the hormones question where I talked about glycogen increases blood glucose levels instead of glucagon lol

A lot of the stuff in the exam we hadn't learnt at my school but I had learnt it externally

It seemed a lot like a geography paper so my GCSE geography knowledge was useful

for the glucose one i out something lime when eating a meal rich in carbohydrates blood sugar levels rises and cells take in glucose form the bloody stream then excess is detected by the pancreas and it secrets insulin which inhibits muscle cells and the liver to take in excess and convert to glycogen then three hours after it will start to decrease this is detected by the pancreas which release glucagon which converters glycogen to glucose and this is released from the liver into the blood
Does anyone know what the pancreas process is called? Or the answer to the liver and sperm cells division question?
Original post by tf9387
Aerobic

What were the last two water processes?
I put surface runoff and evaporation 😳

transpiration not evaporation i think
what did everyone put for the economic and environmental advantages and disadvantages? im confused because my friends said she thought the 0-50 was the amount of fertiliser but i thought that the 0-50 was the concentration of the soil that the fertiliser is added to
Does anyone know what the pancreas process is called? Or the answer to the liver and sperm cells division question?

negative feed back cycle is what i out and for liver and sperm i put meiosis 4 gametes with dif alleles mitosis two genetically identical daughter cells, meiosis spilts twice mitosis splits once, meiosis sexual reproduction and mitosis growth and repair

The pancreas process i put endocrine system and for the answer to the liver and sperm cell i talked about the differences between meiosis and mitosis
i think the exam was okay but i got really stuck on the graph question i ended up making it go up by 30 but i feel like it was wrong, also the classification question put me off.
The pancreas process i put endocrine system and for the answer to the liver and sperm cell i talked about the differences between meiosis and mitosis

i got the same for the second but was it not a negative feed back cycle i thought it said what process your probably right thougu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending