What do you/did you find hardest about learning to drive?

Watch
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i always found roundabouts and being in the correct lane difficult to learn.
BananaMuffin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Like most people in this thread, roundabouts are a toughy for me too!
suze0811
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Reversing round a corner. ARGHHHHHH! It took me ages to learn how to do that properly, I still hadn't by my first test - I failed on it
Dani1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by boven78hx1)
If you find it difficult to do parallel parking you should not be on the roads, you are endangering other road users
Urm that's why the title of the thread is learning to drive. For me, parallel parking I found hard.
little_green
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hated bay parking and also used to feel really nervous joining the dual carriageway, especially if it was busy. Fortunately no bay parking on my test!
Myotherone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i found doing roundabouts hard but the hardest thing was the parallel park
Montarnna
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still struggle to parallel park
Did an amazing one on my test though but that was sheer luck lol
BananaMuffin
Rep:
?
Really? i didn't find parallel parking that bag Probably bay parking is the hardest
bombproof_girl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hesitation, and moving off after stopping. Also my instuctor never taught me how to do hill starts, so i always feel like i roll back alot lol.
blip
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
rondabouts and clutch control.terrible with mirrors
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
reversing. i just can't do it. also, i may sometimes go around the roundabout the wrong way sometimes :o:
Ghost Grey
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Getting distracted by looking at all the buff tings on road and almost crashing.
BananaMuffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by SpiritedAway)
reversing. i just can't do it. also, i may sometimes go around the roundabout the wrong way sometimes :o:
:eek:
Annie72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by suze0811)
Reversing round a corner. ARGHHHHHH! It took me ages to learn how to do that properly, I still hadn't by my first test - I failed on it
Ditto!, I failed my second test because of bleeding reversing around a blimmin corner :mad: . I found the hardest thing was hesitating at a roundabout. Infact I hate roundabouts...grrrr. I failed my second test four years ago and havent gone back to driving. Mainly the cost of lessons and tests have put me off doind it again....I prefer taking the bus.
suze0811
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Annie72)
Ditto!, I failed my second test because of bleeding reversing around a blimmin corner :mad: . I found the hardest thing was hesitating at a roundabout. Infact I hate roundabouts...grrrr. I failed my second test four years ago and havent gone back to driving. Mainly the cost of lessons and tests have put me off doind it again....I prefer taking the bus.
hehe, it's sometimes nice to have a chillax on the bus and let someone else drive for a bit. I hated roundabouts too, the first time i went round one i used 4th instead of 2nd and the car started jerking. Put me off them for good!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Observation.
blueskidoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hill starts aren't going too well at the moment oh and I have no spacial awareness at all so parking isn't too good. I managed to knock the wheely bin over when trying to park on our driveway. I'm not gonna be passing any time soon hehe.
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BananaMuffin)
:eek:
i can't help it
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Changing lanes in busy traffic. I'm such a country bumpkin sometimes.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
Large roundabouts - (ones with 3/4/5 lanes and around 5 exits) As most of the large roundabouts in the test routes road markings have faded, along with them always being busy and having lots of traffic therefore you have to already know which lane you should be in as you won't be able to see the road markings anyway!
those things should be called death traps because they are -.-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (60)
26.91%
Less motivated (163)
73.09%

Watched Threads