The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

UCAS Extra Offers

Hi!
I've applied to Lincoln uni through UCAS Extra and accepted an offer. However, I have also received an interview invitation from Cardiff which I didn't expect because I had emailed them weeks ago. I would prefer to go to Cardiff but have firmed a conditional offer with Lincoln. I don't want to reject Lincoln to be able to get an offer from Cardiff without actually knowing if I've received an offer because obviously I could get rejected from Cardiff instead.

If Cardiff do decide to offer me a place, will I need to be in a direct UCAS application with them before that to be made the offer? Or will the let me know by direct email?
Obviously, I am happy to remove Lincoln and add Cardiff to my application if they do give me an offer first.

Any info/help is appreciated. Thanks :smile:
I would have thought you would need to remove Lincoln before you can add and apply to Cardiff as you can only apply for one course at a time, but the fact they are offering you an offer before you have actually applied there seems a bit odd. In your initial email did you suggest that you were going to apply soon / had already applied? Are you sure it's an interview as well and not a talk about the course - i.e. it will be used to assess whether you get a place?

To answer your question though I would expect that you would need to physically apply to Cardiff through UCAS before they can tell you if you are successful or not.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by cocopops1618
I have also received an interview invitation from Cardiff

How have you got an interview invitation when you didnt apply there.
Original post by McGinger
How have you got an interview invitation when you didnt apply there.

Original post by jennybear
I would have thought you would need to remove Lincoln before you can add and apply to Cardiff as you can only apply for one course at a time, but the fact they are offering you an offer before you have actually applied there seems a bit odd. In your initial email did you suggest that you were going to apply soon / had already applied? Are you sure it's an interview as well and not a talk about the course - i.e. it will be used to assess whether you get a place?

To answer your question though I would expect that you would need to physically apply to Cardiff through UCAS before they can tell you if you are successful or not.

I had applied there for medicine and got rejected but they said I could choose an alternative course. So I chose pharmacy. It just took them so long to reply to my email I sent with an updated personal statement for pharmacy that I got impatient and went through Extra for Lincoln.
I've already had the interview so I know it was definitely not just a discussion about the course.
Original post by cocopops1618
I had applied there for medicine and got rejected but they said I could choose an alternative course. So I chose pharmacy. It just took them so long to reply to my email I sent with an updated personal statement for pharmacy that I got impatient and went through Extra for Lincoln.
I've already had the interview so I know it was definitely not just a discussion about the course.

Both you and Cardiff Uni have got yourselves in a mess by going through with an interview when you have no valid application for that Uni.
You need to contact Cardiff asap and let them sort it out

Quick Reply

Latest