The Student Room Group

resitting, offer of AAB but already have BBB from last year?

Can I use the B from last year as the B they want this year? Maybe if I contact the uni? I didn't know they'd give me a contextual offer of AAB so I applied with predicted resit grades of AAA but already have BBB from last year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump bcos i'm panicking bcos idk if i can get the B but i already have it so surely I don't necessarily need to??
Original post by nooneeee
bump bcos i'm panicking bcos idk if i can get the B but i already have it so surely I don't necessarily need to??

Swear u cant use predicted re-sits coz u can only send the grades once?
Reply 3
Original post by Nish2257
Swear u cant use predicted re-sits coz u can only send the grades once?

I don't really know what you mean? I achieved BBB last year (TAGs) then reapplied this year with predicted grades of AAA as I am resitting, standard procedure for my college who submitted the predicteds on ucas
Reply 4
also does anyone know who in the university would I contact to talk about this? admissions team? are they all closed now since it's easter?
Reply 5
Yeh its completely fine.
If they have sent you an offer. There will be no reason to reject you, since you have the grade already achieved. So you can choose to drop the exam, since you’ve already met the requirement for it.
Just call up the uni admissions team, and they should most certainly allow it.
You will be able to focus on your two other alevels rather then all 3, which is way less stressful.
If you have the grade already, then there’s really no need for you to resit it, as you’ve met the requirement for that grade already.
You’ll have to call up after Easter break. As im pretty sure everyone’s on holiday.
Goodluck for your exams!!
Reply 6
Original post by 2022 g
Yeh its completely fine.
If they have sent you an offer. There will be no reason to reject you, since you have the grade already achieved. So you can choose to drop the exam, since you’ve already met the requirement for it.
Just call up the uni admissions team, and they should most certainly allow it.
You will be able to focus on your two other alevels rather then all 3, which is way less stressful.
If you have the grade already, then there’s really no need for you to resit it, as you’ve met the requirement for that grade already.
You’ll have to call up after Easter break. As im pretty sure everyone’s on holiday.
Goodluck for your exams!!

thank you so much for responding (and so nicely too) I appreciate it immensely, was/am feeling extremely stressed :')
do you think even lse would be fine with it?
ahh waiting til after Easter sounds scary on the off(?) chance they say no and I've not revised for it for 2 weeks,, I'm going to try tomorrow and just pray- thank you again!
Reply 7
@LSE @LSE -Admissions please help!
Reply 8
thank you so much for responding (and so nicely too) I appreciate it immensely, was/am feeling extremely stressed :')
ahh waiting til after Easter sounds scary on the off(?) chance they say no and I've not revised for it for 2 weeks,, I'm going to try tomorrow and just pray- thank you again!

Honestly just be cool with it. Its actually nothing to be stressed about. They have literally no reason to reject.
I had a friend who passed his interview for Cambridge to do maths this year. He had A*s achieved. And he had A* predicted for Chem.
After passing the interview, he ended up dropping chem. He told me he’s doing maths and that chemistry isn’t really needed at all lol.
He dropped chem as he wanted to focus on the Cambridge STEP assessment. So yeh they were cool with it.
Its kind of a similar position to you. As there’s no need for you to take part in the exam, since you already have the grade achieved.
I’m telling you honestly, that they should be fine with it.
It will be really unreasonable if they don’t allow you to drop the exam.

Honestly you should be feeling GUCCI :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by 2022 g
Honestly just be cool with it. Its actually nothing to be stressed about. They have literally no reason to reject.
I had a friend who passed his interview for Cambridge to do maths this year. He had A*s achieved. And he had A* predicted for Chem.
After passing the interview, he ended up dropping chem. He told me he’s doing maths and that chemistry isn’t really needed at all lol.
He dropped chem as he wanted to focus on the Cambridge STEP assessment. So yeh they were cool with it.
Its kind of a similar position to you. As there’s no need for you to take part in the exam, since you already have the grade achieved.
I’m telling you honestly, that they should be fine with it.
It will be really unreasonable if they don’t allow you to drop the exam.

Honestly you should be feeling GUCCI :biggrin:

That's very reassuring, thank you so much! wow, I'm surprised they allowed that tbh, you never hear these things!
Ask them

Get the answer in writing
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
Ask them

Get the answer in writing

hadn't thought of getting it in writing but it's sound advice thanks!
I was thinking to call them and if it can happen, that they'll change my offer on UCAS
also does anyone know who in the university would I contact to talk about this? admissions team? are they all closed now since it's easter?

Universities will be closed for a couple of days over Easter -- Good Friday and Easter Monday. Most university staff get the same amount of leave as if they worked in any other organisation; they don't get the same holidays as students get!

There should be people in tomorrow (Thursday).
Bit weird. If you already have BBB and they want AAB, I would be of the mind that they'd make you a contextual offer of AA, since you already have a B grade/s
Reply 14
Original post by econhelp525
Bit weird. If you already have BBB and they want AAB, I would be of the mind that they'd make you a contextual offer of AA, since you already have a B grade/s

Its because OP had themselves predicted an A for the subject. If OP applied with the achieved grade, then OP would have been told to get AA.

You will need to check becuse your application said you were resitting all three - now you want to change this. PLEASE check with the uni as there could be an issue on results day.
Original post by 2022 g
Its because OP had themselves predicted an A for the subject. If OP applied with the achieved grade, then OP would have been told to get AA.

The OP needs to check because they are changing their application and you must check if you do that.
Reply 17
Original post by martin7
Universities will be closed for a couple of days over Easter -- Good Friday and Easter Monday. Most university staff get the same amount of leave as if they worked in any other organisation; they don't get the same holidays as students get!

There should be people in tomorrow (Thursday).

ok thanks! I tried calling today but the admissions team closed their phone line, but I've sent an email. I might check again tomorrow to see if their phone line is open, I think they've closed it as there's still some who haven't heard back who might be tempted to call in. I have an offer holders day in 2 weeks time so I could ask someone there, they also apparently plan to get all decisions out by the same day so maybe will open their phone line by then? I'm worried bcos I don't really want to sit this exam anymore especially given I have the grade they require,,,
Reply 18
Original post by 2022 g

yes that's right!
Reply 19
Original post by Muttley79
You will need to check becuse your application said you were resitting all three - now you want to change this. PLEASE check with the uni as there could be an issue on results day.

will definitely try to get a hold of them over phone, I've sent an email already. should I also ask my insurance uni about this? they want ABB and again I have achieved BBB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending