The Student Room Group

How to revise for re GSCE?

I have no notes for RE gsce.Where can i get them?
^^ my first gcse is rs on the 16th of may and I’m so unprepared, there’s too much content 😭
should have made some yourself- quizlet probably will have plenty of sets you can revise off. revise using practice questions as well.
Original post by kayla306
I have no notes for RE gsce.Where can i get them?

I got a 9 in RE and got close to pretty much full marks, I was also the last year to sit actual GCSEs in 2019 and this was pretty much my experience:

In terms of notes, I primarily used notes from class. I also had a textbook but I only really looked in there if I couldn’t remember a topic.

In my Christianity paper, we had to recall and explain philosophers and religious criticisms. From my notes in class, I put these on flashcards and by the exams came around I could recite two quotes and explain the main principles for each critic/ philosopher. I made all of these in the Easter holidays which is right about now hehe.

In terms of quotes, if you’re doing Catholicism/ Christianity, learning the prayers (Lord’s Prayer and Apostle’s Creed) were really good for quick quotes to put down in an essay if you’re struggling to think of other quotes to write.

Definitions, I remember were essential. My specification had exact definitions to which I put them on Flashcards and could regurgitate quickly in exams. For a two mark definition question, you could cut a two minute response down to 30 seconds to a minute and that would give you time to approach 4/8/16 mark questions with more time!!

Practice questions were definitely a contributing factor; every week my teacher would set us 3 exam questions and mark it accordingly. If possible, write some answers timed and ask your teachers for feedback!

Hopefully this helped ^-^
(edited 2 years ago)
Haven’t done my RS GCSE yet, but I got full marks on both of my mocks (Hinduism and Thematic) as my school hasn’t completed Christianity just yet.
Unsure of your exam board, I do aqa. All I really did for the exams was use the textbooks my school gave us- the Oxford aqa Hinduism and Christianity books.

Using these, I would learn two pages, or a small topic, each night. I find it’s a memorisation game for most of the questions more than understanding the concepts, you may disagree. As long as you’re intelligent and can write an argumentative essay, you’ll be fine for the longer 12 mark questions.

Also: with the textbook I recommended, whilst it is really helpful in my revision, it does contain a lot of irrelevant information that won’t be much use in the exam. It’s vital that you filter through the content you actually need, so make it really condensed. For RS, it’s an easy GCSE I find. You don’t necessarily need notes..

Quick Reply

Latest