The Student Room Group

Teenage Catholic, AMA!

Ask me anything! :smile:
Do you prefer Tridentine Mass or Novus Ordo?
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Do you prefer Tridentine Mass or Novus Ordo?

Overall, I prefer Tridentine Mass but nowadays I go to Novus Ordo as my family prefer it and I like to go to Mass with my family as it brings us together
best part about being Catholic?
Reply 4
Original post by Genesiss
best part about being Catholic?

Friendship with God...that I get to be friends with God
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by aw12ke
Friendship with God...that I get to be friends with God, that He is not out there somewhere, but that He is with me

that seems like a good deal.

worst part of being Catholic?
Reply 6
Original post by Genesiss
that seems like a good deal.

worst part of being Catholic?

I hold a lot of controversial views, e.g regarding abortion, sex, marriage etc., and I feel like if people find out about them they may start seeing me differently and start judging me. I haven't really ever experienced this so if it does happen I may not know how to react appropriately

Even though my faith is very important to me, I struggle to talk about it in real life because of this fear
(edited 1 year ago)
Favourite saint/Marian apparition? :awesome:
Reply 8
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Favourite saint/Marian apparition? :awesome:

Good question! St Thomas Aquinas, my confirmation saint. He is just a legend lol! His philosophy seems to make sense to me though there are a lot of things I'm still trying to get my head around haha. As for my favourite Marian apparation, ahh I guess Fatima...very interesting apparition and its messages are powerful too
Original post by aw12ke
Good question! St Thomas Aquinas, my confirmation saint. He is just a legend lol! His philosophy seems to make sense to me though there are a lot of things I'm still trying to get my head around haha. As for my favourite Marian apparation, ahh I guess Fatima...very interesting apparition and its messages are powerful too

Solid choices! I also find myself drawn to Fatima, even though the messages scare me quite a bit :colondollar: Hoping to go there someday on a pilgrimage :moon: Have you ever been, or do you hope to go yourself someday? :h:
Reply 10
Solid choices! I also find myself drawn to Fatima, even though the messages scare me quite a bit :colondollar: Hoping to go there someday on a pilgrimage :moon: Have you ever been, or do you hope to go yourself someday? :h:

Yes, the messages are a little scary lol! I would also like to go there one day. What about you, who is your favourite saint and why?
Original post by aw12ke
Yes, the messages are a little scary lol! I would also like to go there one day. What about you, who is your favourite saint and why?

Mine is St Therese of Lisieux, followed closely by St Teresa of Avila! With both of them, I've found their spiritual writings illuminating and transformative for my faith :h:
Reply 12
Mine is St Therese of Lisieux, followed closely by St Teresa of Avila! With both of them, I've found their spiritual writings illuminating and transformative for my faith :h:

They are both great. Interior Castle is a wonderful book
Original post by aw12ke
They are both great. Interior Castle is a wonderful book

Yessss! :five: It's the only work of Teresa of Avila's I've read so far (I'm hopeless at reading books, doh!) but I hope to one day read her other writings too :moon:
Do you believe that the Shroud of Turin may have come into direct physical contact with Christ or could show images of him?
Reply 15
Original post by londonmyst
Do you believe that the Shroud of Turin may have come into direct physical contact with Christ or could show images of him?

Yes, I am inclined to believe that it is the burial cloth of Christ. It’s obviously very controversial though and I wouldn’t say I’m *that* confident about it being genuine, but overall the evidence (the supposed "3D" quality of the cloth, the pollen grains from Israel on it etc.) seems convincing to me

Quick Reply

Latest