The Student Room Group

Can a Level 3 extended diploma get in a good uni

So im currently about to sit my GCSEs and then i will progress onto a music prod college course to achieve a level 3 extended diploma,
My question is this, as the qualification is worth 3 a levels can i get into a good university and can the level 3 be in place of the a levels,
my aspiration is to be a TV and film composer so my dream uni is guildhall and their amazing film music pathway in the ba in music, but if i dont get in also want some good backups, I am an academic individual and attending what would be considered a good university as a backup is important to me, any advice would be much appreciated!
Ellis :smile:
Original post by Egrayson225
So im currently about to sit my GCSEs and then i will progress onto a music prod college course to achieve a level 3 extended diploma,
My question is this, as the qualification is worth 3 a levels can i get into a good university and can the level 3 be in place of the a levels,
my aspiration is to be a TV and film composer so my dream uni is guildhall and their amazing film music pathway in the ba in music, but if i dont get in also want some good backups, I am an academic individual and attending what would be considered a good university as a backup is important to me, any advice would be much appreciated!
Ellis :smile:

Yes it can I have been offered a place by all 5 of my university choices which are all top 10-30 unis I could have applied to even top Russel group unis (which my friends have) but my maths grade is bad so I couldn’t

my aspiration is to be a TV and film composer so my dream uni is guildhall and their amazing film music pathway in the ba in music,

You need to look at the individual course pages on each University or Music School for their specific entry requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by Newcomer113
Yes it can I have been offered a place by all 5 of my university choices which are all top 10-30 unis I could have applied to even top Russel group unis (which my friends have) but my maths grade is bad so I couldn’t

Im estimated a 5 in maths along with a 9 in English, if i get these grades, along with the extended diploma could i get into one of the Russel Group Uni's?
Reply 4
A lot of it depends on what you want to study and what your BTEC is in - you may find a BTEC extended diploma has given you quite a narrow base if you then decide that field is not for you.
Reply 5
Its an extended diploma in creative music industry pathway music production. I was told by a professional composer to take thay route over an a level music course, i still really want to do a degree in music and like i say if i dont get in guildhall i need good backups.
Im estimated a 5 in maths along with a 9 in English, if i get these grades, along with the extended diploma could i get into one of the Russel Group Uni's?

Yeah they definitely as long as you have at least 6 GCSEs I think with grades 9-4 with maths being at least a 5 most Russel group unis will accept u provided u meet the entry requirements with the btec as well. Also agree with @McGinger point entry requirements will vary between each university and their courses so best to look at them individually.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending