The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Paper 2 8700/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chai2k6
Do you guys think the grade boundaries will be low?

idk, we can just hope 🙏
Reply 141
umm did the americans trash the campsite in source b as i don’t remember identifying that
Reply 142
Original post by nataaliaaa
Holidays: spend cash or spend time to relax?

Hi please can anyone tell me what exactly the question was q5?
Reply 143
Hi please can anyone tell me what exactly the question was q5
Reply 144
Hello,can u plz explain the point of using semantic field of heat and its effect on the reader .

Original post by potatoes25
like half of the extract tbh cos there were loads of devices. i think i talked abt onomatopoeia, personification with the thunder rolling, and rain lashing, then semantic field of heat cos it said 'boiling' 'spark' and 'steam'. and then the simile with the flock of starlings. i dont remember what else tbh, but there was quite a lot to say
other source is the tent the bucket and me by emma kennedy
my advice is to write a title then a strapline. Then all you have to do is use the CAR structure Counter argument, argument and reason good structure which is strong for the article and will gain you marks
Original post by tf9387
Absolutely terrible, never capitulated on a test so hard in my life. Spent way too long planning all of my answers, 4 was rushed and undetailed. 5 was rushed and undetailed. 2 was unanswered 😐🔫
really annoyed since I got a 9 in the mock and revised alot

Do you remember what the topic for transactional writing was, I am trying to improve on what I did previously but can't remember what it was. For example was it a blog, letter.....
Hey do you remember what the extracts were specifically as I'm trying to redo the paper to see how I could've done under less pressure, I also feel like I could've done better and just want to prove it, but I can't remember the exact extracts, although I do remember the texts. Can you please help me as I want to do this ASAP.
Original post by Aayat123x
other source is the tent the bucket and me by emma kennedy
do you know till where the extract was?. like what line to what line for source a and b? it would be really hepful thanks
(Original post by yasminxe)THANK YOU SM I FOUND IT!! its called camping out by charles warner
Original post by crazy_diamond
i was running out of time because i spent too long on q3 and 2 i was writing so fast but managed to finish q4 thankfully. i didn't even get time to read it but hoping it was good enough i tried my best at least AND YAY NO MORE ENGLISH EVER AGAIN

what did you write about in question 3? (How does the writer use language here to describe the rain and the storm)
Reply 151
well done
Reply 152
Original post by uskans
Questions:

1. Statements true or false ( do not remember any).

2. In both texts camping sites are different. Write differences what you understand of both camping sites.

3. How does the writer use language here to describe the rain and the storm?

4. Writer's different experiences about camping sites.

5. An article -something about holidays.

What is the answers please help me I have the test tmr
Reply 153
Original post by uskans
Q1-true,false statements.

You know,' said my mother who, as far as I could tell, was the only person delighted to be back in France, 'we should treat this holiday as the occasion it is. There's no point in being miserable. Holidays are what you make them.'

Had my mother learnt nothing? Holidays were not what you made them. Holidays were in the hands of malevolent forces hell-bent on wreaking chaos at every turn. Holidays were assault courses of the mind and body, endurance tests designed to break spirits and shatter spleens. In my nine years on the planet I had learnt one thing: going on holiday was awful. It was a small crumb of comfort to me that my father was now coming round to my way of thinking and as we sat, chugging along down the now familiar poplar-lined roads, sunflowers in the fields on either side of us, I thought, 'Yes, it IS nice to look at. But in the same way cheese looks nice in a mousetrap.'

I'm doing my practice paper but not like a mock or anything, I just want to ask what the answer is because I could not find any mark scheme from this paper elsewhere and I'm currently marking my work.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 154
Original post by hi2020
can someone mark this for me please and tell me where to improve :smile:

Salvage your sleep
Sleeping is vital for young people

Student Consensus has long seen sleeping as unnecessary and frivolous, something health professionals meaninglessly ramble on about. This seems somewhat unfair on both the hardworking medical sector and our own well-being. Far from meaningless, sleep offers a solution: it rejuvenates our bodies from the merciless pressure teachers exert upon us. Sleep has the power to energise and prepare us for our upcoming exams - so why are we desperately trying to stay awake?

During this vital exam period, it has become increasingly essential that we sleep enough. Sleeping for 6 hours a day rather than the recommended 10, can reduce exam performance by 20%. Another statistic also shows that 50% of 13-16 year olds sleep for under 5 hours a day - that means half of our student population are willingly sacrificing their possibility of a 9 filled report card. Why are we committing self sabotage and relegating our grades when we could be could easily be pursuing our best exams yet.

Moreover, our ability to study is heinously hindered by a lack of sleep; it’s wrong to let our precious minutes, hours and days of studying all be washed away by our reduced retention. We all have days where we feel terribly tired but still determinedly still avow to study - and I applaud you for that, but when this routine becomes quotidian - it in turn evolves into a detrimental one.

Show me a jubilant student, and ill show you a student who sleeps well. Many of my schoolmates have been desolated by Satan's contemporary cauldron which is depression, unknowing that this is the consequence of their lack of sleep. As i look around my class, I see pupils dozing off into their textbooks that they toil themselves into, illuminated by the dim, flickering lights. They flinch awake as the teacher hopelessly reminds them that we are at school not at home. And to these pupils i am desperately hoping read this : get some sleep.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a supermodel, but what i didnt know was how much sleep affected growth. Now, i am stuck at 4’11, and any of my previous dreams now remain as a flinting memory, a reminder of my time spent awake, endlessly scrolling on my phone rather than energizing and giving back to my hard working body. At least I had realised the consequences before it lead to my death- which an insufficiency of sleep is able to cause.

This message is vital for all of us studying, typing, reading and scrolling on our phones all night : lets all make sure that tonight, and in the nights to come we rest our inured bodies.

This reply is one year late but I could honestly not write something as good as this lol and I'm pretty decent at English language. May I ask what grade you ended up getting?
Will i get marks for writing about long sentences in q3
How much marks can i get in q5 if i have not written the solution of the problem ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending