The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey guys can anyone provide me with the language paper 1 gcse aqa ugwu paper pls
is anyone doing pride and prej for literature? i dont know which themes and characters to learn quotes for
anyone know what to use when learning quotes for lord of the flies
Original post by calicogal
flopped lotf didn't remember to talk about the beast :biggrin:

U didnt need to talk abt the beast tho as long as u talked abt other stuff
Original post by zefter1234
U didnt need to talk abt the beast tho as long as u talked abt other stuff

i talked abt the evil shown within each of the boys, but also isn't the beast like literally the embodiment of evil?? like im sure u have to mention it if ur aiming for top marks and i was aiming for a 9 in english lit but not anymore LOL
i talked abt the evil shown within each of the boys, but also isn't the beast like literally the embodiment of evil?? like im sure u have to mention it if ur aiming for top marks and i was aiming for a 9 in english lit but not anymore LOL

Theres nothing that says that you HAVE to talk about a specific character you can still aim for a 9 i was aiming for it and got it in my mocks but im not so sure now.
Theres nothing that says that you HAVE to talk about a specific character you can still aim for a 9 i was aiming for it and got it in my mocks but im not so sure now.

yeah same somehow i managed to pop off in mocks lol, but how come ur not so sure now
yeah same somehow i managed to pop off in mocks lol, but how come ur not so sure now

I just had so much more stuff to write man. And I didnt use any tabula rasa hobbes rousseau etc for lotf i only used freud and nietzsche and then for frankenstein i didnt even use context so screwed that man
I just had so much more stuff to write man. And I didnt use any tabula rasa hobbes rousseau etc for lotf i only used freud and nietzsche and then for frankenstein i didnt even use context so screwed that man

so you kinda have the same issue with me. i had so many top ideas but couldnt add it and when i added in 1 context i didnt link it to a character. and when i added in an 1 idea didnt link it to a quote. im here hoping the examiner gives me full marks for the rubbish i wrote today.
Original post by weriCRYS
so you kinda have the same issue with me. i had so many top ideas but couldnt add it and when i added in 1 context i didnt link it to a character. and when i added in an 1 idea didnt link it to a quote. im here hoping the examiner gives me full marks for the rubbish i wrote today.

I had my ideas and i layered them so much so thats gd but it takes soo long. For frankenstein I didnt think that context actually related to the q but I used quotes a bit tbh so thats gd. yh i hope i did amazing like full marks ish in lotf so my grade gets lifted up and then pretty decent like minimum 24/30 outta frankenstein cuz i used no context. in my mock i got 28/30 on frankenstein tho...
I had my ideas and i layered them so much so thats gd but it takes soo long. For frankenstein I didnt think that context actually related to the q but I used quotes a bit tbh so thats gd. yh i hope i did amazing like full marks ish in lotf so my grade gets lifted up and then pretty decent like minimum 24/30 outta frankenstein cuz i used no context. in my mock i got 28/30 on frankenstein tho...

could you send your frankenstein essays that got high marks please?