The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1P - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzyjahan
i think it might be something which everyone has most likely covered like London?

London was 2021
Original post by Will563458
London was 2021

gcse didn't even happen in 2021 tho
Original post by Izzyjahan
gcse didn't even happen in 2021 tho

they still wrote the papers
Reply 23
how do you know london was 2021, and what was the question?
Original post by amz442

cus i have the 2021 papers??!! thiis isnt hard to grasp
Original post by banana8224
What exam board do you guys do??

The Anthologies (with the known poems) have been removed from 2022 exams (AQA). For poetry, only Unseen Poetry remains.

How do you know this?
Original post by amz442

gcse for 2021 was school based for may n june exams but november for reset
If I were a betting person:Anthology would focus on power of nature: Storm on the Island for power and conflict.A Christmas Carol: theme of greed with something like the golden idol extract.Romeo
Original post by OnionSoup2836
If I were a betting person:Anthology would focus on power of nature: Storm on the Island for power and conflict.A Christmas Carol: theme of greed with something like the golden idol extract.Romeo

i think checking out me history
Original post by Michael Kyle
And any predictions for 2022?

Im an english teacher who also marks for aqa exam board and I belive that for love and relationship poetry section the poem will sonnet 29 i think of thee, this is due to this being a piece that both low grade and high grade students can do, its also comparable to multiple other poems using themes of natural imagery and desire.
Original post by mr_hibbertpimm
Im an english teacher who also marks for aqa exam board and I belive that for love and relationship poetry section the poem will sonnet 29 i think of thee, this is due to this being a piece that both low grade and high grade students can do, its also comparable to multiple other poems using themes of natural imagery and desire.

what about power and conflict poem please?

Also, sorry, but do you mind me asking for help for english language please. What would you say are top tips into getting into top band for each question? What are easy ways to get marks for each question? Ways to impress the examiner? Is there something generic that I can say that will get me marks please?
For inspector calls- character question on Mrs. birling or Eric or theme question on generation gap
(edited 1 year ago)

Do you know the predictions for A Christmas carol for AQA???
the question was about the theme of authority in london and one other poem
Original post by ladyshabarni
Poetry (War and Conflict)
War and conflict poems used over the past 4 exam sequences are: Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias, Bayonet Charge.

I would love Charge of the Light Brigade or Exposure, following the theme of war, however I would guess it is more than likely going to be the power of nature (Prelude, Storm on the Island, Exposure).

Does anyone know why I cannot locate any past papers from before 2017? I have scoured the net, and I am wondering if there is a simple explanation. I would be interested to see what poems were used 2016, 2015 and 2014.

Because the exams changed in 2017 so we don't have access to any past papers as they changed dramatically apparently so they would be of no use to us
Original post by ladyshabarni
Poetry (War and Conflict)
War and conflict poems used over the past 4 exam sequences are: Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias, Bayonet Charge.

I would love Charge of the Light Brigade or Exposure, following the theme of war, however I would guess it is more than likely going to be the power of nature (Prelude, Storm on the Island, Exposure).

Does anyone know why I cannot locate any past papers from before 2017? I have scoured the net, and I am wondering if there is a simple explanation. I would be interested to see what poems were used 2016, 2015 and 2014.

i saw a youtube video by Mr Salles saying that it most likely could be "checking out me history" due to the BLM movement that is quite recent and since its not a war poem either
(edited 1 year ago)
do u know what it was for love and relationships

Original post by ankup764
the question was about the theme of authority in london and one other poem
Reply 38
Original post by drum drum
do u know what it was for love and relationships

Farmers bride - strong feelings in romantic relationships

My predictions - not that they should be worth much - are S29 or Follower.
My teacher thinks it's gonna be a break up poem like "Neutral Tones" or "When we two parted"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending