AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 non - calculator (Foundation) 8300/1F - 20 May [Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (non - calculator) (Foundation) 8300/1F - 20 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 20th May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
chemmathbio
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Good luck everyone. PM if you want to study together
Finne
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How disd paper 1 go?
xKayTea
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it went okay, what did everyone get for the circle question? difference between circle P and Q. I think I pulled through with at least 40 marks, I would prefer 45.
chemmathbio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xKayTea)
I think it went okay, what did everyone get for the circle question? difference between circle P and Q. I think I pulled through with at least 40 marks, I would prefer 45.
I left mine in pie form and just took them away but my calculations were wrong. Somehow I wrote 25^2 to be 425 instead of 625. Then times that by 1/3.

Predicting at least 30 marks if I'm being generous :/
Finne
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks

Did you think the advance information was accurate?

(Original post by chemmathbio)
I left mine in pie form and just took them away but my calculations were wrong. Somehow I wrote 25^2 to be 425 instead of 625. Then times that by 1/3.

(Original post by Finne)
How disd paper 1 go?
claroose
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

i got 4 times.

area of Q was 75pi and the area of P was 300pi <3

i hope this helps (:
mbxxw23
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

I was looking forward to more multiple choice question easy marks but there was barely any which was a shame.
chemmathbio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by claroose)
i got 4 times.

area of Q was 75pi and the area of P was 300pi <3

i hope this helps (:
I don't fully remember the question but from what I know I did not get those answers. For P I got 300pie but how did you get Q? Q was the smaller shape right?
chemmathbio
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mbxxw23)
I was looking forward to more multiple choice question easy marks but there was barely any which was a shame.
true. At least paper 1 gives us an idea of the difficulty level for the other papers
mbxxw23
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
true. At least paper 1 gives us an idea of the difficulty level for the other papers
Yeah, good luck!
mbxxw23
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i really hope paper 2 and 3 go well. i feel like i got between 38 - 45 on paper 1.
Wadeyk2022
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can anyone remembe the question that = 4/10? I felt it was a hard paper at first but when i went back through it i managed to answer most of them.
mbxxw23
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wadeyk2022)
Can anyone remembe the question that = 4/10? I felt it was a hard paper at first but when i went back through it i managed to answer most of them.
cant really remember what did u get for the sector of a circle where u had to compare?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads