The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3 8035/3 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3 exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3 8035/3 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 14th June AM
Length: 1h

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The work load is immense. It takes up 40% of my time. I have other subjects to revise for but finding bogged down with learning th vocabulary.
Reply 2
Is anyone able to scan and upload a copy of the pre-release resource material for Paper 3 please?
Reply 3
Original post by ozzzzz
Is anyone able to scan and upload a copy of the pre-release resource material for Paper 3 please?

I don't believe we can share it with you openly online. Have you tried asking your teacher / school?
Something I've noticed is that the grade boundaries for this paper have consistently been the lowest, despite this paper seeming far easier. Anyone know why that is?
Reply 5
Original post by Christopherlus
Something I've noticed is that the grade boundaries for this paper have consistently been the lowest, despite this paper seeming far easier. Anyone know why that is?

No clue lol. Don't forget grade boundaries are set using a range of factors though.
Original post by mesub
No clue lol. Don't forget grade boundaries are set using a range of factors though.

I guess. I think it might have been because you used to have to write about your fieldwork practical and I imagine so many people just didn't revise it.
Hi

~I have stupidly managed to mislay my pre-release booklet for geography paper 3 and have no idea where it might be....

Please can someone share a copy with me so I can print it off.

My teacher hasn't responded to my email and not sure if she will check emails over the weekend!
you can find it online on the aqa website
Original post by jnodeqhf
you can find it online on the aqa website

i tried to find that in the website but its saying the paper changed for 2022 so its going to be different from the other past papers for paper 3
hey, does anyone know how to revise for this exam?
Reply 11
Original post by KindPot
hey, does anyone know how to revise for this exam?

There's no seen fieldwork in this exam. There's unseen fieldwork and the pre-release. Make sure you know about the pre-release and the general idea of it, as you'll be asked questions on it. You'll need to use your knowledge from across the course, esepcially with your 6 and 9 markers.

There will be some maths (nothing more challenging than foundation though), so make sure that you know your range, median, mode etc.

For unseen fieldwork, it would be best to revise the key terms and know the different types graphs used to represent data.
Original post by mesub
There's no seen fieldwork in this exam. There's unseen fieldwork and the pre-release. Make sure you know about the pre-release and the general idea of it, as you'll be asked questions on it. You'll need to use your knowledge from across the course, esepcially with your 6 and 9 markers.

There will be some maths (nothing more challenging than foundation though), so make sure that you know your range, median, mode etc.

For unseen fieldwork, it would be best to revise the key terms and know the different types graphs used to represent data.

thanks a lot, really appreciate it
idrk how the paper is going to look like. are all the questions gling to be asking only about the pre release or is there other content i need to revise
Original post by y_serr06
idrk how the paper is going to look like. are all the questions gling to be asking only about the pre release or is there other content i need to revise

no there's gonna b a section on unseen field work
Original post by mesub

Original post by y_serr06

check this post
so do we get the pre release booklet in the exam? What does it mean when it says a clean copy - will it still have all the facts an figures in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by archagan
so do we get the pre release booklet in the exam? What does it mean when it says a clean copy - will it still have all the facts an figures in?

It will be a new copy - so without any of your annotations on it but yes, it will contain the same information
Original post by x_sara
It will be a new copy - so without any of your annotations on it but yes, it will contain the same information

it will be given to you at the time of the exam
Original post by KindPot
it will be given to you at the time of the exam

Yes! (I think you meant to quote the person above me)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending