The Student Room Group

A-level geog Cambridge Intl.

Hi, guys is there a thread for Geography A-level Cambridge International? Doesn't seem to be any help or resources for this board? Can someone send a link if there is already a discussion for this board and exam?
Pls guys, the first geog exam is 5th May literally less than a month aaaaahh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sat CIE geog in 2019.... If you need any tips or advice I am happy to help!
Original post by archere
I sat CIE geog in 2019.... If you need any tips or advice I am happy to help!

ahh there is hope! thank you! What is your advice for the long 20 mark essay questions?
Also what was your worst and fave topic from the spec? I dont like settlements and atmosphere and weathering haha
Original post by Angel cake 55
Hi, guys is there a thread for Geography A-level Cambridge International? Doesn't seem to be any help or resources for this board? Can someone send a link if there is already a discussion for this board and exam?
Pls guys, the first geog exam is 5th May literally less than a month aaaaahh

how did you find it it? i did rocks but im a bit worried i waffled the short qs
I did rivers, only one I revised for
Reply 5
Definition questions on subduction and conservative plate boundaries? Or the question on the role of water in mass movements on slopes? Did u draw any diagrams for the definitions to help you get your point across?
Original post by jgsdlkjgojow
how did you find it it? i did rocks but im a bit worried i waffled the short qs

yayy finally ppl who do this board! Yh my whole class did rocks and I was the only one who did rivers, apparently the rocks was good cuz you could smash the 15 marker. I am sure you did fine. I couldnt remember the examples for rocks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Rayyaan03
I did rivers, only one I revised for

same boat! I went into the exam knowing no matter what came up I was doing river, cuz I only revised that. I loved the q but didn't mention hjulstrom properly so bit concerned tbh. How did you find it?
all the best for monday guys! rlly need to focus on human these 2 days as only focused on physical :frown:
hey! did anyone do the physical exam today (23rd)
i’m region 2 and do coasts and arid environments.
found the arid section very hard. anyone else?
Original post by daisy0821

didn't do arid sorry, I do coasts and hazardous environments! :smile: Hard to talk to anyone about it because I barely know anyone outside my school that does this exam board haha
I feel you. I spent ages looking on student room that’s why I created one
How’d you find coasts? In my opinion it wasn’t that bad. I answered the management question for the 20 marker wby
I feel you. I spent ages looking on student room that’s why I created one
How’d you find coasts? In my opinion it wasn’t that bad. I answered the management question for the 20 marker wby

it was ok! Thought the short answer ones were fine me too! Honestly I'm a terrible judge of exams but it was a decent 20 marker:smile: I kind of wanted coral reefs but oh well haha
Original post by harrietrose17
it was ok! Thought the short answer ones were fine me too! Honestly I'm a terrible judge of exams but it was a decent 20 marker:smile: I kind of wanted coral reefs but oh well haha

yeah same coral reefs is a good one
how you feeling for the human exam ??
yeah same coral reefs is a good one
how you feeling for the human exam ??

bit apprehensive! The content isn't hard but there are so many case studies! Best of luck for Thursday x

hope it went well! i do coasts and hazards sorry. The coasts was amazing, I answered the sea level change question and was able to write around 3 pages. Hazards is a bit unknown tbh hahaa
Hi guys, how did Paper 4 go for you?

I thought it was pretty tough
Original post by Teepee566
Hi guys, how did Paper 4 go for you?

I thought it was pretty tough

What topics do you do?
What topics do you do?

I do Environmental management and Global interdependence. It was tough but I think it went quite well. Was expecting a 20 marker on tourism for G.I. but there wasn’t one but did debt yesterday so was alright! How about you?
I did the q on energy and climate and also the free trade one
Original post by Teepee566
I do Environmental management and Global interdependence. It was tough but I think it went quite well. Was expecting a 20 marker on tourism for G.I. but there wasn’t one but did debt yesterday so was alright! How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending