AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 8062/2B - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 8062/2B - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How did the exam go? Congratulations for finishing it

MP

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Libbyie)
x
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
x
(Original post by bunsenburner92)
x
(Original post by rubyrubyrubyyyyy)
x
(Original post by Caitlinnn.)
x
(Original post by TazmeenX)
x
(Original post by goj8s)
x
(Original post by 4tiffff)
x
(Original post by jnkscypher)
x
(Original post by Mulefa)
x
(Original post by RestRock)
x
(Original post by MayaVellichor)
x
(Original post by harrysbar)
x
(Original post by alkhari)
x
(Original post by SERVINGGCSES)
x
(Original post by finnleyjtanner)
x
(Original post by Evil Homer)
x
(Original post by Nana⁷)
x
(Original post by Lily2300)
x
(Original post by 04MR17)
x
(Original post by Wesel)
x
(Original post by Sxxhar__)
x
(Original post by anayasyed)
x
(Original post by caster.)
x
(Original post by _Robyn_)
x
(Original post by uglyplushy)
x
(Original post by layla2005)
x
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
How did the exam go? Congratulations for finishing it

MP

Spoiler:
Show

It actually went alright. Although the 12 marker on religion and life section (can't remember the question) I forgot to write about abortion and euthanasia I only realised when I was checking it and it was too late to add anything else. I just wrote about how murder is wrong and it's a crime etc. But other than that it went pretty well!
Libbyie
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
you were supposed to write about abortion and euthanasia ? lol
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah- the topic was religion and life and a good majority of it is on abortion and euthanasia so... ye
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
the 12 markers were so ****, i did the last 12 marker in 3 minutes- i literally pledged to section my time as well..

was the crime question contrasting religious beliefs/ any two beliefs or similar beliefs?
anonymoussgg
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It went great I’m excited to see what grade I got
dahlia06
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It actually went alright. Although the 12 marker on religion and life section (can't remember the question) I forgot to write about abortion and euthanasia I only realised when I was checking it and it was too late to add anything else. I just wrote about how murder is wrong and it's a crime etc. But other than that it went pretty well!
the one about how valuing and protecting human life sends you to heaven? or something along those lines
Mulefa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, I was confused at that because it was such a vague question "valuing and protecting human life" so I did a bit on helping others etc. and then remembered that theme b was about abortion/euthanasia and they hadn't asked a question on that. Should have been much, much clearer.

Yeah- the topic was religion and life and a good majority of it is on abortion and euthanasia so... ye
dahlia06
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
if you didn't it's not the end of the world- the mark scheme clearly says to accept and credit any others points not referenced in the mark scheme try not to worry about it!
Mulefa
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What themes did everyone do? I did themes b, c, d, e. The 12 markers for most of them were a bit awful. And for theme c, they asked us to give two similar beliefs about miracles between Christianity and atheism. How on Earth can they be similar!?
dahlia06
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What themes did everyone do? I did themes b, c, d, e. The 12 markers for most of them were a bit awful. And for theme c, they asked us to give two similar beliefs about miracles between Christianity and atheism. How on Earth can they be similar!?
a,b,d,e
what a strange paper- there was one about two reasons about awe and wonder????? aqa???
Mulefa
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dahlia06)
a,b,d,e
what a strange paper- there was one about two reasons about awe and wonder????? aqa???
Yes! I think I said something about because God created it and then nature is beautiful but that was a mean question.

Anyone know why they have to make the layout of the papers so confusing? They went from beautifully designed answer booklets for paper 1 with clear spaces to write answers with questions above them and helpful boxes to tick for the 1 markers - and then just gave us a shoddy answer booklet for paper 2 with small line spaces. Couldn't they make them the same?
daliaachloe
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
the question was talking more about the ‘afterlife’ which is also major within religion and life’ and it didn’t specify abortion or euthanasia i think the question was vague to allow for more than one interpretation tho so im not sure
yusufbbb
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What a rollercoaster of the paper. I did Theme B, C, E and F and seems like AQA really wanted to catch us out today?!!
Caitlinnn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes! I think I said something about because God created it and then nature is beautiful but that was a mean question.

Anyone know why they have to make the layout of the papers so confusing? They went from beautifully designed answer booklets for paper 1 with clear spaces to write answers with questions above them and helpful boxes to tick for the 1 markers - and then just gave us a shoddy answer booklet for paper 2 with small line spaces. Couldn't they make them the same?
Literally!!!! I know it would have been a huge booklet but I would have preffered that. Also I don't do my questions in order as I do all of the 12 markers first so I'm a bit worried about that part and I feel like there's so much potential for things to go wrong and for there to be mistakes. Does anyone know if the entire paper gets marked by an examiner or do they split the questions up like in english language???
banana8224
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dahlia06)
a,b,d,e
istg bro, what is AQA smoking to be in so much awe and wonder
dahlia06
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by banana8224)
yh they're gon be in awe and wonder of seeing 'love thy neighbour' on every 5 and 12 marker
then again, can't blame them with those 12 markers
TazmeenX
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by banana8224)
fr fr i need whatever they have
TazmeenX
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daliaachloe)
the question was talking more about the ‘afterlife’ which is also major within religion and life’ and it didn’t specify abortion or euthanasia i think the question was vague to allow for more than one interpretation tho so im not sure
thats what i talked about but yeah the question itself was rather vague however perhaps that was the point? it gave people the chance to talk about a topic within religion of life that theyre better at (afterlife/euthanasia/abortion etc etc) but still i think the vagueness still confused people lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (6)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
14.29%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (2)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads