The Student Room Group

Part time exemption courses query

Hi. I wondered if a sfe rep could answer my query regarding part time exemption courses. Please could someone provide an up to date list of what is included as well as clarify what "subjects allied to medicine" includes?

If we pick a course are we able to ring up before we apply so that it can be checked if this course is an exemption course?

Also, I already have a degree. I understand we can get a tuition fee loan to study the exemption courses part time but does this include any element of maintenance?

If we wish to do an access course for any of these, is there any help with funding for people with a degree?

Many thanks
Original post by Airfairy
Hi. I wondered if a sfe rep could answer my query regarding part time exemption courses. Please could someone provide an up to date list of what is included as well as clarify what "subjects allied to medicine" includes?

If we pick a course are we able to ring up before we apply so that it can be checked if this course is an exemption course?

Also, I already have a degree. I understand we can get a tuition fee loan to study the exemption courses part time but does this include any element of maintenance?

If we wish to do an access course for any of these, is there any help with funding for people with a degree?

Many thanks

Hello,

There isn't a specific list for allied health professional course. Do you have a university and course in mind?

You can call, send live chat/secure message or ask here to see if the course is designated for funding.

It will depend on where you study, if the part time maintenance loan is available.

Which access course and where? Have you had an Advanced Learner Loan (ALL) before for an access course?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

There isn't a specific list for allied health professional course. Do you have a university and course in mind?

You can call, send live chat/secure message or ask here to see if the course is designated for funding.

It will depend on where you study, if the part time maintenance loan is available.

Which access course and where? Have you had an Advanced Learner Loan (ALL) before for an access course?

Thanks, Lynsey.

Thanks for the info. Sorry, I didn't realise it was so specific. I haven't really got a specific uni or course in mind as I'm still trying to decide. I was considering pharmacy which I was unsure on in terms of it being an allied health course.

Totally different question here as in weighing up masters or new degree - I withdrew from a masters course which I had a sfe loan for. I withdrew due to health and I have a letter at the time saying I had to withdraw due to my health. If I wanted to get another postgraduate loan, am I best getting a master's offer then starting the loan application and submitting my evidence as part of the application?

Edit - by the way, I didn't realise sfe had a live chat. I know we previously could contact on FB chat but it has stopped. Where is the new live chat based?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Airfairy
Thanks for the info. Sorry, I didn't realise it was so specific. I haven't really got a specific uni or course in mind as I'm still trying to decide. I was considering pharmacy which I was unsure on in terms of it being an allied health course.

Totally different question here as in weighing up masters or new degree - I withdrew from a masters course which I had a sfe loan for. I withdrew due to health and I have a letter at the time saying I had to withdraw due to my health. If I wanted to get another postgraduate loan, am I best getting a master's offer then starting the loan application and submitting my evidence as part of the application?

Edit - by the way, I didn't realise sfe had a live chat. I know we previously could contact on FB chat but it has stopped. Where is the new live chat based?

Hi there,

If you have an idea of which university or college you wish to attend we can check the details for you.

If you wish to apply for another Postgraduate Master's Loan we would request you complete the paper application and provided your supporting Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) evidence with the application before being considered for another. If it is for the 22/23 academic year application are due to launch early Summer time.

The live chat function is available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account. A secure message can also be submitted 24 hours a day and this can be done via the Contact Us IAG link in your account.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending