Bristol AGEP 2022

Watch this thread
Sbaisling
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
heyooo just a handy trend for those thinking of firming / already firmed Bristol AGEP 2022
Might be nice to share details of yourself, if people are comfortable!
I'm 25, Irish, female, and have a degree in Pharmacology! looking into uni accomodation but also keeping an eye on Spare Room in case anything good pops up
Exciting to be talking to some future classmates :P
Reggie22
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hey! I've firmed Bristol AGEP, today actually!
I'm 22, english, female, and currently finishing a biological sciences degree
I'm living off-campus but need to start looking at places!
Sbaisling
Rep:
there's actually loads of accomodation on spare room but a lot is to let now or in may so hard assessing what it might be like in August!
Reggie22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Ah I guess we'll just have to keep an eye out closer to the time which is slightly nerve-racking!
kiwilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey! I’m 21, Norwegian, female and finished my degree in Biology last July! I’m unsure of what sort of accommodation I will be going for so it will definitely be helpful to hear what everyone else will be doing! I can’t wait to meet you all 😊
maxkk
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi everybody. I'm 28, Canadian, male. Finished a degree in animal agriculture a few years ago. Applied for accommodation, hopefully I get something with an en-suite lol. I've been using the facebook groups listed in this doc to look for room shares if it helps anyone else. http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodati...ommodation.pdf
Sbaisling
Rep:
cool, thanks for sharing! I've just been using spare room but there's a lot out there to get through 😅

did anyone got to the open day for Bristol and how did they find it?
Reggie22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I had an email come through to book an offer holder event, but when I went to select the dates, there weren’t any available. So guessing all their events are finished now or fully booked...?
s.jenky
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I have the same issue. Might be worth a phone call?
kiwilla
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Reggie22)
I had an email come through to book an offer holder event, but when I went to select the dates, there weren’t any available. So guessing all their events are finished now or fully booked...?
The same thing is happening to me! Hopefully they’ll put more on there so we can book onto those
rebeccadillon
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys! I’ve also firmed Bristol AGEP. I’m Irish, female, 23. I finished a degree in Biomedical Science last May. I’m thinking I’ll probably try to rent a room privately, rather than do student accommodation. I went to the 6th April offer holder day and was told that areas south of the river (Bedminster, Knowle) tend to be more reasonably priced than Clifton/city centre and are in the same general direction as Langford. It’s hard to know where to start when you don’t know the city at all, so hopefully this will help someone 😊
Reggie22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kiwilla)
The same thing is happening to me! Hopefully they’ll put more on there so we can book onto those
I may try and give them a call on Tuesday and see if they are actually putting anymore on or not - would be really frustrating if they’ve finished them because they hadn’t finished giving out all the offers, plus it’s only April not too late yet!
Reggie22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Also has anyone actually posted their official MOOC virtual work experience certificate on their portal (if any of you did that) Mine told me not to pre-interview but they haven’t asked for it since...?
Sbaisling
Rep:
no I haven't either
clara.phillips
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone! I'm 25 years old, female, from Ontario, Canada, with a degree in kinesiology. Hoping to not live in university accommodation, but not really finding much yet in terms of private housing. Excited to meet you all in person pretty soon!
maxkk
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Reggie22)
Also has anyone actually posted their official MOOC virtual work experience certificate on their portal (if any of you did that) Mine told me not to pre-interview but they haven’t asked for it since...?
I uploaded my MOOC a couple months ago then read we weren't supposed to right after lol. Past giving me the health assessment form nothing has popped up in the portal for me in the last couple months.
s.jenky
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey everyone, I’ve just firm my place on the AGEP. Has anyone filled in the pre course health questionnaire yet? I’m a little unsure about whether I need to provide an immunisation record, the form is confusing! Does anyone know?
maxkk
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s.jenky)
Hey everyone, I’ve just firm my place on the AGEP. Has anyone filled in the pre course health questionnaire yet? I’m a little unsure about whether I need to provide an immunisation record, the form is confusing! Does anyone know?
Hello, I have filled mine out. The form is confusing because most of what they ask for is mainly for med and dent students. You do have to get an immunization record and they do say it has to be stamped by a GP on the form. They did suspend the stamped by a GP thing over covid, so you could ask if it's still required ([email protected]).

I asked the occupational health and safety people about what was actually required for the veterinary medicine program, and you need to have the full course (5 shots) of DTP ( I think you need a booster if you are 10 years out from your last dose). You aren't required to get a Mantoux test, or have the BCG vaccine, or HepB. If you're North American you also don't need the rabies vaccine, as they haven't had a human case in Europe in like 80 years or something. Hope that helps.
kiwilla
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Is anyone going to the offer holder Langford campus tour on Wednesday?
s.jenky
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes I’m going on wednesday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
28.95%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
35.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (7)
9.21%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.95%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.26%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.16%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.63%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads