How do you politely/nicely ask if a mate of yours is gay??! Watch

This discussion is closed.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I went out last night with a friend of mine who's just travelled from interstate to see all of us, and forgetful me left her ID cardy in her other handbag :rolleyes: and we couldn't get into the club we wanted to get into.

So instead, we went off to find a cafe somewhere (not the end of the world, always next week). When out of the blue, having walked around a corner past another club/bar, a friendly girl who I met at a mate's party goes 'hey Danni!! Over here! Bouncer's not around, and I know ur over 18 '

So we go in (not the best of clubs, but it's alright) and I introduce her to the friend, then my 3 other friends show up and we tell them the issue, which they are cool with (yay).

Well that's the short version. But anyway, again cutting to the chase, basically I'm quite worried, because for the whole night, the girl that let us INTO this club kept on: staring at our breasts, holding my hand :eek: (I had to pull away from her several times), she dropped ice down my top, FELT them to 'get rid of the ice' :rolleyes: , kept winking at me (all this whilst I kept continously telling her that I'm 100% and utterly straight!!!!!), told me that I had a 'beautiful face radada' even tho I barely had any time to put on makeup :confused: , said I had 'nice long flowing hair :eek: ', and then when I was in the bathroom, not sure what she did to me exactly (I was a little tipsy, I admit) but when we walked out she said:

"OK I don't what is wrong with you, Danni, I've been trying things with you all night, and you don't seem to respond, perhaps you're just one of the the 5% of females that are totally not attracted to other females (ie. straight), whilst me and *insert INTERSTATE FRIEND* :eek: :eek: :eek: are in the 95% - so basically you really are missing out"

I also noticed that the interstate friend got on well with this girl. BTW, girl in question has a BF who lives in the UK (perhaps she misses him??? I don't think so!), whilst interstate friend does not have a BF. Interstate friend got on extrememly well with 'dodgy, probably BI' girl.

Whilst leaving us (the rest of us definitely straight girls) by ourselves. We ended up going home early (12 last night) because of the behaviour of those girls, it was getting too much, really. But what would I know, I'm a prude

So, the question is - what would be the sexuality of those two girls, and how could I ask them??? I need to be polite about it, as they're both on the sensitive side and don't wanna offend them. Plus, apart from their behaviour last night (which I admit could've been influenced by alcohol), they're decent people. Nice even.

Thanks for listening to my story, it's 10am where I live atm, just got up

Danni x

EDIT: Both these girls are really nice individuals, so pls don't think I'm annoyed at them or anything. Yeah so they're heaps cool, I just don't like feeling uncomfortable around them.
Just_Izzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ARE YOU GAY... should fit the bill
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Stop stealing the "Neighbours" storyline, danni bella.
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blimey. Long story! It's a good thing this thread didn't involves female bisexuality! :eek:

Umm if you ask me then just go up to them and say: "soo.... in which sexuality bracket do you consider yourself to be?"

They shouldn't be offended, not after the stuff they were doing with/to you! :eek:
ali_bongo_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Danni, Hunny just ask them......... I would ask your interstate friend 1st as she seems more of a mate. Hope you had a good sleep
danmint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd say you can assume shes gay
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they might have just had abit of fun in the toliets, no harm in expirementing i guess... girls r girls.. some may be curious. just jokingly ask what she was up to with the dogdy girl last nite.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Stop stealing the "Neighbours" storyline, danni bella.
Haha! Well this is a true story, otherwise I wouldn't be posting it here, end of! Basically I'm a very naive (straight!!!) little girl who wants to know why those two girls were acting differently to what I would've expected :eek:
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its amazing how different people can act with someone else.. ur 'friend' may have changed ?
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
I also noticed that the interstate friend got on well with this girl. BTW, girl in question has a BF who lives in the UK (perhaps she misses him??? I don't think so!), whilst interstate friend does not have a BF. Interstate friend got on extrememly well with 'dodgy, probably BI' girl.

So, the question is - what is the sexuality of those two girls, and how could I ask them??? I need to be polite about it, as they're both on the sensitive side and don't wanna offend them.
Just ask her straight out (no pun intended), If she is Bi or gay then she may tell you. Don't worry about offending them cause if they are gay/Bi they may be relieved that you found out instead of them having to tell you. ok I just confused myself now, Sorry if it doesn't help :hello:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by ali_bongo_uk)
Danni, Hunny just ask them......... I would ask your interstate friend 1st as she seems more of a mate. Hope you had a good sleep
Aw, thanks buddy Yep, you see that was it mainly - I was more concerned about the interstate friend. But this other 'Bi' girl is also friends with sum1 I work with, plus a girl I'm friends with at uni :eek:
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Haha! Well this is a true story, otherwise I wouldn't be posting it here, end of! Basically I'm a very naive (straight!!!) little girl who wants to know why those two girls were acting differently to what I would've expected :eek:
Are you close enough friends to justify bringing this up again?
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If it bothers you, you should talk to your friend about it. Otherwise, forget about it, it doesn't affect you if they have a tendency to munch carpet
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tribi18)
its amazing how different people can act with someone else.. ur 'friend' may have changed ?
Yeah, that's the thing - b/c I never would've thought the interstate friend was gay? She just seemed so... straight? Before, that is, she travelled back to see us again. Perhaps things have changed.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Are you close enough friends to justify bringing this up again?
What do you mean?
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes, maybe. The best thing to do is just casually ask her, just as if it was normal conversation. She might not be though.. she may have wanted to spice the night up abit, lol.
ali_bongo_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont mean to sound rude danni but would it matter if she was gay?
I think one of my best friends is gay and I think he hides it because we would not accept him. I have to admit I have never asked him if he is gay though incase he is not and I upset him for asking.................
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is she hot? Because if she is... then I personally think that it should be written into the law somewhere that you film that ice-breast-club scene and broadcast it on every TV network across the globe. Plllleeeaaase??
ali_bongo_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
BTW Danni, I got that thing sorted for you........... check fp when you can xx
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tribi18)
yes, maybe. The best thing to do is just casually ask her, just as if it was normal conversation. She might not be though.. she may have wanted to spice the night up abit, lol.
Yep, that could be it. That totally could be it, Tribi18, as she was pissed as well. But anyway even if she wasn't straight, there's nothing with that - I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want to feel uncomfortable around them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads