How do you politely/nicely ask if a mate of yours is gay??!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
muncrun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
If it's the one I'm thinking of, on Flinders Lane, then yes, I think my friends and I did go there ionce - age group is older tho, when we went, but it was still cool.

I think it's also open around lunchtime, it's like a cafe as well, pretty neat.
Cool.

I only remember it because that was the place I pulled a stunningly fit Australian bird when I was there.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by muncrun)
Cool.

I only remember it because that was the place I pulled a stunningly fit Australian bird when I was there.
And let me tell you, that aint no coincidence ...... jst jokes, I'm kidding lol!!! Well an Aussie won miss Universe last year, so I'm allowed to say that atm
muncrun
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And let me tell you, that aint no coincidence ...... jst jokes, I'm kidding lol!!! Well an Aussie won miss Universe this year, so I'm allowed to say that atm
Hehe.

Melbourne's a fantastic place - many fond memories. I was there fore the Grand Prix in 2003. Particularly liked the Dandedong National Park, where you can see across the skyline. We also spent some time staying at some Australian girl's holiday home in Rosebud.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Hehe.

Melbourne's a fantastic place - many fond memories. I was there fore the Grand Prix in 2003. Particularly liked the Dandedong National Park, where you can see across the skyline. We also spent some time staying at some Australian girl's holiday home in Rosebud.
Cool Rosebud's in Sydney hey, I know b/c one of my distant cousins (from none other than Manchester UK, there u go, small world) is temporarily living there atm, and she loves it!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:hmph: I wanna go to Australia

Visit my great Auntie in Brisbane .. *sigh* Won't happen though, will it?
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh well, at least I'm a glorious beacon of light now
muncrun
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cool Rosebud's in Sydney hey, I know b/c one of my distant cousins (from none other than Manchester UK, there u go, small world) is temporarily living there atm, and she loves it!
Well the Rosebud I stayed at was in Melbourne:

http://www3.visitmelbourne.com/displ...0000/vvt.vhtml

Ok, well technically just outside it, on the Northern end of the Mornington Peninsula. But hell, Melbourne is such a big place, and Australia is so huge, that one might as well count it as being part of Melbourne!
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Well the Rosebud I stayed at was in Melbourne:

http://www3.visitmelbourne.com/displ...0000/vvt.vhtml

Ok, well technically just outside it, on the Northern end of the Mornington Peninsula. But hell, Melbourne is such a big place, and Australia is so huge, that one might as well count it as being part of Melbourne!
Ah, I thought there was two. The reason why I mentioned the Sydz one coz of all the British tourists that flock there during the summer months :p:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
It's ok guys, just received a text from the interstate friend - she admits that she was really pissed! So she may have just been acting under the influence :cool:
Sparkey
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's ok guys, just received a text from the interstate friend - she admits that she was really pissed! So she may have just been acting under the influence :cool:
there you go, It was the Alcohols fault although she could still be gay/BI :confused:
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well now what is there to talk about? :eek? I don't wanna go to bed.
Sparkey
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Well now what is there to talk about? :eek? I don't wanna go to bed.
Me neither i'm not tired yet, it's only 2:30 AM :eek:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Well I called her (the interstate friend [#1] ) and subtly got out of her that yes, she is attracted to other males, so I doubt she's gay. Whether she's Bi or not, I don't know, but even if she was - she's not been acting weird around me lately, and tbh - she's a good mate, so I do not care. Thus, I've dropped the issue, there you go.

As for the dodgy girl (no.#2) that let us in the club, after talking to sum1 who knows her well, it's official - she's Bi :rolleyes:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but because she's admitted she's attracted to me :eek: I'll be keeping my distance... but from her only

Otherwise interstate mate and me are back to being friends again, yay
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So, the question is - what would be the sexuality of those two girls, and how could I ask them??? I need to be polite about it, as they're both on the sensitive side and don't wanna offend them. Plus, apart from their behaviour last night (which I admit could've been influenced by alcohol), they're decent people. Nice even.
Umm I've asked a good mate if he was gay. I said "Umm can I ask you a question, it doesn't matter either way what the answer is, I'd just prefer to know, Are you Gay?".

He replied "Nope", he wasn't offended or anything. Best to come straight out with it as I felt uncomfortable at times before.
magiccarpet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no they not gay they r bisexual. it doesnt hurt to try it out if u wana, and yes most ppl r interested. but u don have to do anything u dont want to.
its definately not the alcohol
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by magiccarpet)
no they not gay they r bisexual. it doesnt hurt to try it out if u wana, and yes most ppl r interested. but u don have to do anything u dont want to.
its definately not the alcohol
I'm not worried about that now, have sorted it out (interstate mate is straight, clubgirl is bi, but I'm not that good friends with bi girl), but thanks for the input
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads