The Student Room Group

How do you learn Spanish easily???

I have been struggling to remember and study Spanish for a very long time and I need some help to learn it better. And by the way I don't use flashcards because they don't really work on me I guess. Any tips I would appreciate
try duolingo
Move to Spain
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Move to Spain

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Original post by Larysa2008
I have been struggling to remember and study Spanish for a very long time and I need some help to learn it better. And by the way I don't use flashcards because they don't really work on me I guess. Any tips I would appreciate

Speaking tips: Speak the language, even if it's to yourself in front of the mirror
Vocabulary: Duolingo, I know you said it doesn't work but Quizlet is amazing (what do you use currently to help with vocab)?
Listening: Watch videos/films in Spanish (pm me for a list recommendation), listen to the Duolingo spanish podcast, listen to songs in the language
Reading: read articles in Spanish and beginner books
Reply 5
Original post by evakesiax
Speaking tips: Speak the language, even if it's to yourself in front of the mirror
Vocabulary: Duolingo, I know you said it doesn't work but Quizlet is amazing (what do you use currently to help with vocab)?
Listening: Watch videos/films in Spanish (pm me for a list recommendation), listen to the Duolingo spanish podcast, listen to songs in the language
Reading: read articles in Spanish and beginner books

Hey! sorry for the late reply but as you asked me what I use currently to help with vocab and except school, i do have a Quizlet account and everyone recommends me to use it but i don't, for me the most successful was for me to learn some sort of Spanish, i would think of the Spanish word and think of things it remind me of, for example, Bastante= a bus stop for quite!(since it meant quite)but this doesn't help for every word.
quizletttt

make songs for learning the verb endings

learn the endings in a rhythm idk it worked for mee
This line of thought helped me, I hope it helps you.

Firstly, learning a language is difficult to define. How do you know when you've reached that target? You don't, so this puts off many learners as they keep thinking they haven't learned anything, compare themselves to other people, move on to another book/course and eventually think this language thing isn't for them.

I would remove that line of thought from your head and give yourself definite smaller targets that you can easily define. I'm learning Spanish this way, so I hope it helps you. For example, I follow the European Language Framework and I'm working my way up through the levels. I started at A1 now going on to B1. I may buy the course guide/revision book or additional material to help me pass the course but NOT to learn Spanish, as I cannot define that.

Of course, you will eventually start to improve your Spanish, but it is good to have the right mindset to help you focus on something that isn't so broad. An additional bonus of the European Language Framework and sitting the official DELE exam, is that not only will you then know what level of Spanish you have but you add this official qualification to your CV.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Larysa2008
Hey! sorry for the late reply but as you asked me what I use currently to help with vocab and except school, i do have a Quizlet account and everyone recommends me to use it but i don't, for me the most successful was for me to learn some sort of Spanish, i would think of the Spanish word and think of things it remind me of, for example, Bastante= a bus stop for quite!(since it meant quite)but this doesn't help for every word.

I would really recommend using it, the method you have can work but as you said so yourself, it doesn't work for every word which could be a downfall when you're trying to remember a word in the exam plus there are a lot of words to remember from each module and collating them into flashcards and learning them instead of remembering what they're associated to is a bit easier

Quick Reply

Latest