The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies

I am sitting nat 5s in about 2 weeks and I did really bad in the prelim for modern studies, I have been working on it for the past few days and have been making model answers on flash cards and I’m going to put them up on my wall and look at them for 20 mins after I wake up and before I wake up. I am also going to do a few timed past papers after learning all the model answers and get them marked by my teachers. Do you think this is effective to get an A as I want to pursue Medicine.
Reply 1
This was me doing nat5 modies too, I literally failed my prelim so bad and got an N/A. Everyone says this but I would highly recommend writing out essays rather than just making up model answers on flashcards. You need to make sure you can write quickly and that you have enough time to write your essays properly to get full marks. Make sure you memorise statistics and evidence- I would use flashcards for that. But the biggest advice I can give is make sure you're writing out essays with a clear structure. I'm doing higher monies right now and we use PEEAREEAL. (point, explain, evidence, analysis, rebuttal, point, explain, evidence, analysis, link). But I think for nat5 just use PEEL as a structure (point, explain, evidence, link).

Tbh if you're wanting to do medicine, I don't think your result for nat 5 modern studies is going to matter at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure its higher that will matter the most. All my friends who are doing medicine have got almost straight A's in their higher, nat5's aren't really in the standard entry requirements I think. at least nat5 English and maths might be but I doubt nat5 modern studies is a requirement. It'll be your higher which matter.
Original post by aa1.
This was me doing nat5 modies too, I literally failed my prelim so bad and got an N/A. Everyone says this but I would highly recommend writing out essays rather than just making up model answers on flashcards. You need to make sure you can write quickly and that you have enough time to write your essays properly to get full marks. Make sure you memorise statistics and evidence- I would use flashcards for that. But the biggest advice I can give is make sure you're writing out essays with a clear structure. I'm doing higher monies right now and we use PEEAREEAL. (point, explain, evidence, analysis, rebuttal, point, explain, evidence, analysis, link). But I think for nat5 just use PEEL as a structure (point, explain, evidence, link).

Tbh if you're wanting to do medicine, I don't think your result for nat 5 modern studies is going to matter at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure its higher that will matter the most. All my friends who are doing medicine have got almost straight A's in their higher, nat5's aren't really in the standard entry requirements I think. at least nat5 English and maths might be but I doubt nat5 modern studies is a requirement. It'll be your higher which matter.

Yeah Nat 5 modeis doesn’t matter but I want to pick it in higher and I wanna do good this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending