The Student Room Group

Computing gcse ocr j277 advanced info

in the ocr advanced info for computer science it makes no mention to topic 5 -system software and utilities. Does this mean that the topic definitely wont be on the paper 1 or that it could come up as low tariff mark questions?
No, the topic won't be on the paper. Just revise the topics listed (they correspond to the specification so make sure to have that open too).
Reply 2
teach-it details the specification very well if unsure

Original post by chonkycat123
No, the topic won't be on the paper. Just revise the topics listed (they correspond to the specification so make sure to have that open too).
great thx:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by izzymint
in the ocr advanced info for computer science it makes no mention to topic 5 -system software and utilities. Does this mean that the topic definitely wont be on the paper 1 or that it could come up as low tariff mark questions?

I'd be really careful with not revising it at all! I thought the same thing when I opened it and honestly its very unspecific. The title says 'Sub part of topic directly assessed' not saying that others wont be indirectly assessed. OCR wasn't much help been as other exams boards I do, told us what wont be assessed as well. Honestly, what our teacher said to us was "focus on the parts it says, but if you can - try to revise other parts as well, because the way they worded it didn't make it clear if that ALL the subtopics that will occur". So honestly, if you have time definitely revise the rest of what's not mentioned. But I can't say for sure if other stuff will occur or not xx
thx for tht... our teacher wasnt too clear so this rly helps
Reply 6
Original post by izzymint
thx for tht... our teacher wasnt too clear so this rly helps

No worries, good luck with your revision!

Quick Reply

Latest